• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The whole height requirement is such a weird American thing that I don't see over here in the Netherlands at all. Could also be that 6' is just the average male height (not to flex, of course) and there's not really a next logical step. 2m perhaps?

Also, why don't we have these standards for women? Give me a woman who is 6'5. Let me be the little spoon for once.
95 percent of women prefer to date men that are taller than they are
for some women it isn't a deal breaker, but it almost as if women are wired to prefer men who are:
1. Taller
2. Older
3.(supposedly) Smarter
4(as much as possible wealthier
than they themselves are.............

It is often argued that if left without societal regulations, 100% of women would only want the top 10 percent of men.
And Monogamy was created so that ugly short men like me would have a chance at women because one the preferred man i secured by a woman, then the others would have to choose the next best man available.................

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've never used a dating app and i'd never use one ever..........the word is changing and i know of friends who have met great people and develop wonderful relationships through dating apps............but for me, I just couldn't

hedfunk

Reaction score
Looks like a Lewis Leathers Monza/Super Monza without the padding. I heard that some special requests were considered in the past. In the meantime, unfortunately, no more. I would have otherwise also taken a Monza without padding.
Thanks, I assumed monza but wasn't sure about the padding. Much appreciated.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I only meet up with men who go by names such as GiraffeSimons and PabloThriftscobar online.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed with this- Personality & being confident in who you are matter way more than height

what I said…

Even that knife discussion in RFT a while back made more sense than this height thing.
What knife

Confidence and personality can really shine through on a tinder or whatever dating profile.

it can and generally negatively, if I read a too demanding profile or some negative ****, skip it

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course . But as you know, that alone is not enough, because you have to be a little asshole at the same time, but just enough that there is a charm without being negative.
lol
Just good that I'm not looking, because I already have the dream girl. ;)

i know what you are talking about man.

and nice on the dream gal,alwyas good to hear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lemaire AW22

00049-Lemaire-Fall-2022-Credit-Brand.jpeg
00017-Lemaire-Fall-2022-Credit-Brand.jpeg
00009-Lemaire-Fall-2022-Credit-Brand.jpeg

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gimme that elastic waist and 80s paneling. Nothing against the venerable and time-tested designs most frequently discussed here but I can't resist the pull of a few well executed more discutable or scabrous details.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found out my wife is 5'2". She told me 5'3" 20 years ago. I'm not saying anything else without an attorney.

I hope you didn’t sign a prenup so you can take half her money when you file for divorce.

Quick update. Just did the math. Half her money is actually half my money. So I think if my math is correct, I end up with a quarter of my money??

I need an IB/PE baller's help. Numbers aren't my strong suit.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick update. Just did the math. Half her money is actually half my money. So I think if my math is correct, I end up with a quarter of my money??

I need an IB/PE baller's help. Numbers aren't my strong suit.
Half your shoes are going to be half her shoes. You’ll need to pick if you want the left shoe or right shoe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads