• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
lol. I do have a Scarstitch, but I am not a bruiser. I'm on the mend right now (sprained ankle), and my workouts have been more upper body focused, but yeah, the Scarstich and also the overlock fit me reasonably well. I think that @Benesyed is definitely moe muscled than am I.

I just looked up Danel Craig, and I would say that I'm built that way right now. I'm slightly taller and about 10 lbs heavier, but basically, like any middle aged dude who does physical activity but doesn't really lift in any focused way. I'm probably a bit thicker through the back and chest, but otherwise, not disimilar. I am also much poorer, I imagine.

For me, at least, I find brands like Real McCoys, Schott, etc... fit my frame better. Some Aero stuff fits well, some swims, other things I can make work,

Some brands are just impossible for anyone who doesn't have the frame of those clonemakers from Star Wars. In the MA+ jackets, at 5'11" and 185 lbs, I regularly had to size up to a 54 for a tight fit.

If I were @Benesyed , I might advise one size up for a Scarstitch. I took my normal size, and I think that it looks pretty good, but your shoulders, iirc. are more filled out than mine. Same for the overlock. Some other brands, like Guidi - just forget about it. At l'Eclaireur, I was handed a Guidi jacket in a size 52, and it was comically tight through the shoulders. Like, Hulk tight. They handed me a 54, and it was still tight. Same with a bunch of Layer-0 jackets. They were clearly never meant for anyone close to my build. Maybe a guy 3" taller and 35 lbs lighter.
Alessio is a tall/ big guy and his stuff is made for bigger guys and generally bigger sizes
I dont know how tall he is exactly but at least 6' 2"

MA has narrow shoulders. I've never met Carol, but to me the cut on his work seems to be that either he, or the model on which the patterns are made has slim arms, narrow shoulders and a longer torso with a wide midsection.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alessio is a tall/ big guy and his stuff is made for bigger guys and generally bigger sizes

Alessio Zero? The clothes seem to be more for skinny people as well.

@Benesyed you can go contact Ierib. He can adjust the size/fit for you since the process involves a toile fitting. Or @Zamb might be able to do the same. You're in NYC Bene, correct? Supply Zam with skins from the hospital's morgue and you should be good to go. :p

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MA has narrow shoulders. I've never met Carol, but to me the cut on his work seems to be that either he, or the model on which the patterns are made has slim arms, narrow shoulders and a longer torso with a wide midsection.
MA+ is made for ET. CCP is made for a slightly buffer ET.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a size 50. It fits, but has a bit less room in the shoulders,and a bit more room in the torso, than it looks like on most of the better modeled pics. Honestly, it's not made for anyone who does any type of strength and conditioning, but you can make it work. I could probably also have sized up to a size 52 and been just fine, but when I got it, I preferred a more fitted jacket.

i tried a 46 and a 48, 46 fit perfect but i couldn't move in it so went with a looser fit which works perfectly

MA+ is made for ET. CCP is made for a slightly buffer ET.

et as in et phone home or something diff?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried a 46 and a 48, 46 fit perfect but i couldn't move in it so went with a looser fit which works perfectly

et as in et phone home or something diff?
The Reeses Pieces loving, phoning home guy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I wear the buff ET fit. Buffet fit.
I understand that one. Honestly, I've gotten in a bit better shape over the course of the pandemic just because I don't eat out or take out as much. Or rather, I don't do it as incidentally. That said, I'm sure that a nutritionist would balk at my consumption of carbs, but it's a much welcome creature comfort that I don't have to give up, thus the "fatter Daniel Craig" and definitely not the "2006 Daniel Graig".

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Reeses Pieces loving, phoning home guy.
I understand that one. Honestly, I've gotten in a bit better shape over the course of the pandemic just because I don't eat out or take out as much. Or rather, I don't do it as incidentally. That said, I'm sure that a nutritionist would balk at my consumption of carbs, but it's a much welcome creature comfort that I don't have to give up, thus the "fatter Daniel Craig" and definitely not the "2006 Daniel Graig".

you do you boo

Colrais

Reaction score
@dieworkwear I know you feel JG leans more SWD, but could you see a simpler streamlined jacket like the Lunch mixing with more heritage elements a la valstarino?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear I know you feel JG leans more SWD, but could you see a simpler streamlined jacket like the Lunch mixing with more heritage elements a la valstarino?

Yea, I think so. The Lunch seems like a fairly conservative jacket to me, and as you said, something that mixes well with more heritage elements. Similar to the Valstarino in that regard. I think NMWA has some good lookbook/ model shots of it. I don't have any first-hand experience with the jacket, but these photos below look good to me.

If it were me, I would probably wear these with jeans, some kind of CM boot (the Galway if you can afford it, but if not, there are tons of similar boots). And then some kind of chunky sweater.

I like how one of the photos below shows it with cords.

1125021-b57de57a6a2640d31481ebf134829c7f.jpeg
lunch_2048x.jpeg

deanandrewj

Reaction score
Yea, I think so. The Lunch seems like a fairly conservative jacket to me, and as you said, something that mixes well with more heritage elements. Similar to the Valstarino in that regard. I think NMWA has some good lookbook/ model shots of it. I don't have any first-hand experience with the jacket, but these photos below look good to me.

If it were me, I would probably wear these with jeans, some kind of CM boot (the Galway if you can afford it, but if not, there are tons of similar boots). And then some kind of chunky sweater.

I like how one of the photos below shows it with cords.

View attachment 1735574 View attachment 1735578
Do you think that outfit would still be as coherent with something like a Viberg Service Boot instead of something like a Galway?

ErikW

Reaction score
I have a somewhat silly question - I have an abundance of #8 and dark brown boots / shoes. My favorite leather jacket is light brown, and I'm assuming mixing the two is not a great idea. Would dark brown or black be a better color combination? Or perhaps this olive green? (This is the Thedi jacket I'm thinking of purchasing)

122901301_3364626653623292_1504444183138750689_n.jpg

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a somewhat silly question - I have an abundance of #8 and dark brown boots / shoes. My favorite leather jacket is light brown, and I'm assuming mixing the two is not a great idea. Would dark brown or black be a better color combination? Or perhaps this olive green? (This is the Thedi jacket I'm thinking of purchasing)

122901301_3364626653623292_1504444183138750689_n.jpg

I have a Thedi in espresso buffalo. It's a pretty close match to my Cigar shell boots.

IMG_7294.jpeg

But, that doesn't stop me from wearing it with my Whiskey (closer to bourbon) shell captoe boots or my tan suede Indy boots or my walnut pebble grain wingtip boots or my snuff suede chukkas or even my natural horsehide GATs. I think anything on the brown continuum works fine with other browns.

I haven't worn it with my color #8 shell boots. I'm not sure how the reddish color would look with the more chocolate brown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads