• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing my Aero Ridley around the house as a sort of sweater, which has been fun. The break-in has been pretty different to the Schott 613SH I got more recently, which was quite a stiff and heavy leather. This is a midweight, pliable hide that was soft from the outset, but in a funny way that makes the break in feel less noticeable than on the stiff hide, but I can feel the jacket overall adjusting where it needs to.

I'm really happy with it. It has the detailing and visual characteristics of the Indian Ranger jacket, which I think is the coolest jacket Aero makes, with the slim-straight fit of a Buco J-100 (the source of the 'Ridley' pattern) instead of the sharp V of the original Indian pattern. At the time I wasn't as sure about the decision, but once I picked up the V-shaped Schott, I was glad that I'd now have a jacket in both shapes.

I got the last ever jacket made in this configuration, since Aero will now only be making the Ranger as an exact repro.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone making dark artisanal jackets that fit fat and or buff bros haha?

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I thought you were not so fat anymore...........LOL
but yes, the Z is here

thanks for the mention @etostano, hope all is well

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

you are not fat bud.

I think Zamb is definitely a good start. However, I think you can size up or find the more roomy RO stuff that will work, I wear a RO high neck stooges one size up and it drapes well.

MA+ relaxed fit biker jacket see https://www.hide-m.com/product/m-a-by-m-amadei-relaxed-biker-jacket-j224z-black-horse-leather/, if I didn't have my Moto need filled I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Are you in NYC remind me? NYC has hotoveli, atelier, IF soho

honorable mention, CCP scarstich doesn't fit too tight, it has give but if you have very broad shoulders it may look boxy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy has a scarstich from what I recall but not others, then again Fok has like 50 leather jackets :p
lol. I do have a Scarstitch, but I am not a bruiser. I'm on the mend right now (sprained ankle), and my workouts have been more upper body focused, but yeah, the Scarstich and also the overlock fit me reasonably well. I think that @Benesyed is definitely moe muscled than am I.

I just looked up Danel Craig, and I would say that I'm built that way right now. I'm slightly taller and about 10 lbs heavier, but basically, like any middle aged dude who does physical activity but doesn't really lift in any focused way. I'm probably a bit thicker through the back and chest, but otherwise, not disimilar. I am also much poorer, I imagine.

For me, at least, I find brands like Real McCoys, Schott, etc... fit my frame better. Some Aero stuff fits well, some swims, other things I can make work,

Some brands are just impossible for anyone who doesn't have the frame of those clonemakers from Star Wars. In the MA+ jackets, at 5'11" and 185 lbs, I regularly had to size up to a 54 for a tight fit.

If I were @Benesyed , I might advise one size up for a Scarstitch. I took my normal size, and I think that it looks pretty good, but your shoulders, iirc. are more filled out than mine. Same for the overlock. Some other brands, like Guidi - just forget about it. At l'Eclaireur, I was handed a Guidi jacket in a size 52, and it was comically tight through the shoulders. Like, Hulk tight. They handed me a 54, and it was still tight. Same with a bunch of Layer-0 jackets. They were clearly never meant for anyone close to my build. Maybe a guy 3" taller and 35 lbs lighter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy daniel Craig 2021 or back in day? He was huge in 2006 but slimmed down a lot.
In between. I think that he reported that he was over 200 lbs at one point, I've never gotten that big. He is listed at 172 lbs now, awhich makes me 10-15 lbs heavier. I'm probably both more msucled and also fatter.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok, how did you size your ccp?
I have a size 50. It fits, but has a bit less room in the shoulders,and a bit more room in the torso, than it looks like on most of the better modeled pics. Honestly, it's not made for anyone who does any type of strength and conditioning, but you can make it work. I could probably also have sized up to a size 52 and been just fine, but when I got it, I preferred a more fitted jacket.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In between. I think that he reported that he was over 200 lbs at one point, I've never gotten that big. He is listed at 172 lbs now, awhich makes me 10-15 lbs heavier. I'm probably both more msucled and also fatter.
He cycled off the PED's. Quite common for Hollywood movie actors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads