• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
So I either just got extremely lucky, or this jacket is fake. Anyone able to legit-check? Grabbed this Burberry Brit biker jacket just posted on Grailed for like $430. Did some quick comparison pics and it seemed good? Maybe not as shiny as some others but I'm guessing it just needs some conditioner.
Biker_1.jpg Biker_2.jpg Biker_3.jpg Biker_4.jpg Biker_5.jpg Biker_6.jpg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before we even get to the design (which uh… that’s subjective I guess), it’s clearly in quite poor and dirty condition (the basically brown labels are an easy gauge). I have seen vintage jackets from 50+ years ago that are cleaner.

Given condition alone, it’s far overpriced— and this is borne out by the fact that far better quality jackets, in better condition, can be had used for less than this.

Furthermore, without getting into the subjective aspects of the design, this is clearly a jacket from a diffusion line. I would be surprised if it fetched this amount when new.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That’s why I’m not really getting into my own design preferences so much. That’s just not a jacket that should be selling for over $400, especially in that condition.

$400 seems fine to me, if someone liked the design.

I've bought some pretty crusty, old leather jackets for about that price. Crustier the better, IMO.

tumblr_mlptzaUy2A1qa2j8co1_1280.jpeg
tumblr_inline_o2zgtwG8ny1qfex1b_540.jpeg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a jacket from the late 2000s is in a different category for what kind of condition you should expect, and what kind of rarity there is that might cause you to outweigh other considerations.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
@Dibidoolandas has a good sense of style and I trust he'll style that jacket well. But I agree I'm not into that design.
Thanks dude that honestly means a lot.

Before we even get to the design (which uh… that’s subjective I guess), it’s clearly in quite poor and dirty condition (the basically brown labels are an easy gauge). I have seen vintage jackets from 50+ years ago that are cleaner.

Given condition alone, it’s far overpriced— and this is borne out by the fact that far better quality jackets, in better condition, can be had used for less than this.

Furthermore, without getting into the subjective aspects of the design, this is clearly a jacket from a diffusion line. I would be surprised if it fetched this amount when new.
I agree the condition isn't the best, but I like that it looks put through the ringer a bit - like I said these jackets usually have more shine so I might have to mess around with some conditioners and see what I can do there, hopefully the leather isn't too bad. But I love the design, especially with that very cropped look... I'm excited to experiment with fits with it.

And honestly regarding the price, it's so low that I'm afraid I'm missing something or it's fake. These jackets are listed for thousands on Grailed.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And honestly regarding the price, it's so low that I'm afraid I'm missing something or it's fake. These jackets are listed for thousands on Grailed.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. Grailed is full of deluded sellers. I’ve seen Sugar Cane 47 jeans at more than double their retail price there. (There’s no shortage or anything; you can go on History Preservation’s site and have them at your door the next day.)

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
So I either just got extremely lucky, or this jacket is fake. Anyone able to legit-check? Grabbed this Burberry Brit biker jacket just posted on Grailed for like $430. Did some quick comparison pics and it seemed good? Maybe not as shiny as some others but I'm guessing it just needs some conditioner.
View attachment 1717524 View attachment 1717525 View attachment 1717526 View attachment 1717527 View attachment 1717528 View attachment 1717529

I have no idea how much that thing is worth but it's not one of the "grail" ones that go for very high prices, if you even care about that.
Burberry Prorsum Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear Collection - Vogue | Celebrities leather  jacket, Leather jacket men, Leather jacket

Burberry Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collection, runway looks, beauty,  models, and reviews. | Celebrities leather jacket, Celebrity jackets, Burberry  prorsum

For what it's worth I think the design of the jacket you posted is great, but at that price point you can get Blackmeans from Japan in close to perfect condition, among others I'm sure. It really depends how much you care about the condition your jacket is in, and if you're able to clean it up a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads