• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
To all the folks here who think FCL jackets are too long. I put my FCL leon custom on for a metal show tonight, it is a solid 2-3 inches shorter than CCP/RO which is what I generally wear and I am genuinely trying to get used to sleeves ending at the wrist and not the knuckles :p

Oh man I can't wait to go back to shows again. I was supposed to go to a concert last friday but it's been delayed again. Everything either gets cancelled or delayed so often that I don't even know which show I was supposed to go to because I don't even pay attention anymore. Tough.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FCL is definitely long for the styles, I still think often about cutting mine short. I don't want more leather jackets, and I like the leather on this. Maybe one day I'll find a place in nyc and take off like 2-3 inches. Cropped for double riders is the only way to go I I feel.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What show?
Oh man I can't wait to go back to shows again. I was supposed to go to a concert last friday but it's been delayed again. Everything either gets cancelled or delayed so often that I don't even know which show I was supposed to go to because I don't even pay attention anymore. Tough.

it was Bay Area thrash Death Angel, Exodus and Testament.

the best part for me was running into Robb Flynn from machine head, one of my fave bands

A73A4BAF-E56A-43A3-9B54-4B2A2AF88004.jpeg

I also went to see Bonobo a favorite DJ of mine that was fun.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FCL is definitely long for the styles, I still think often about cutting mine short. I don't want more leather jackets, and I like the leather on this. Maybe one day I'll find a place in nyc and take off like 2-3 inches. Cropped for double riders is the only way to go I I feel.

rather than do that why not just get another rider that’s shorter?

I am not a fan of altering the designers vision. Ie I won’t shorten RO sleeves or anything of that sort.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool line-up! Any good?

if you like thrash all 3 are good, Testament was the best and I liked death angel more than exodus.

none of those bands are on my Spotify, I know them in passing.

I have this approach lately where I don’t go too out of my way to plan things and usually I end up with a packed weekend. My friend had an extra ticket and asked me to join so here we are.

The electronic artist I mentioned (Bonobo) was on stage 4.5 hours, that was a blast.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was Bay Area thrash Death Angel, Exodus and Testament.

the best part for me was running into Robb Flynn from machine head, one of my fave bands

I also went to see Bonobo a favorite DJ of mine that was fun.

Jesus Christ, there's a throwback. I used to love The Ultra-Violence from DA. It's crazy to know they were teens (basically my age at the time) when they put that album out. Testament's Practice What You Preach and to a lesser extent Souls of Black were staples as well.

Exodus I never got into. Dunno why.

Bonobo is great traveling music, imho. I actually play it when I'm on a plane or train (in Europe mostly) heading to a new place.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Imo a bigger part of the 'cropped' look is a V-shape than the jacket length. Slim-straight jackets like the Japan market Schott 613US, the Aero Ridley, etc seem longer than jackets the same length or longer that have the traditional larger chest with sharp taper V.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is also another variable in jacket length to consider ... I'm not sure what we call it, but the "drop" in different lengths from the front vs. the back. Take my Schott x Bathing Ape cafe racer for example. I love that the back rides up a good inch or two compared to the front. Gives it an aggressive, cropped look, while the front view is normal. My Vanson does not do this.

IMG_7467.jpg

MrProper

Reaction score
There is also another variable in jacket length to consider ... I'm not sure what we call it, but the "drop" in different lengths from the front vs. the back. Take my Schott x Bathing Ape cafe racer for example. I love that the back rides up a good inch or two compared to the front. Gives it an aggressive, cropped look, while the front view is normal. My Vanson does not do this.

View attachment 1711506
I know it as front drop and can use it to see if a jacket fits me. The back length alone tells me only half the truth. If, for example, back length + front drop = 69 cm, then the jacket fits me. This can then be 66+3 or 69+0.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1711506

Himel drops their fronts longer than their backs on every model. RRL actually does that quite often as well. I love that feature.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, there's a throwback. I used to love The Ultra-Violence from DA. It's crazy to know they were teens (basically my age at the time) when they put that album out. Testament's Practice What You Preach and to a lesser extent Souls of Black were staples as well.

Exodus I never got into. Dunno why.

Bonobo is great traveling music, imho. I actually play it when I'm on a plane or train (in Europe mostly) heading to a new place.
Arw you referring to Rob’s old bad Violence or is that completely different?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads