• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bomber is not a slim fitting jacket, it’s kinda round to begin with. If anything they should be worn slightly oversized.

if you want a slim fit look into a moto / cafe racer

True, though I'm not necessarily going for a traditional look. I want something more modern and I like the minimal design and color of the AllSaints jacket. I like cafe/moto racers in pictures with applicable settings, but it doesn't suit my taste or style in general as it feels too motorsporty and less versatile with my wardrobe. For me, this bomber is more casual and doesn't back me into a specific style. I feel like I'd have to wear leather boots with a cafe/moto racer which isn't me. I could wear the bomber with a casual button down into the office and I wouldn't feel out of place as well as going out to a bar and not looking like I rode a bike there

Last edited:

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely with all that pulling it will just be another thrift bin jacket. I think you should get something designed differently or go with the baggier option however since it sounds like you won't like that either, I think you should pass entirely.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that jacket is too small for its intended fit. It just has a sort of APC vibe. I mostly think there are better options.

I agree with the APC vibe which I like, but for $400 and something I'll only wear a few months out of the year? Don't want to spend 1k on something like this. I'm open to alternatives in the $4-500 range

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree with the APC vibe which I like, but for $400 and something I'll only wear a few months out of the year? Don't want to spend 1k on something like this

I think the jacket is alright if you like that APC vibe. You have the body for the silhouette.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True, though I'm not necessarily going for a traditional look. I want something more modern and I like the minimal design and color of the AllSaints jacket. I like cafe/moto racers in pictures with applicable settings, but it doesn't suit my taste or style in general as it feels too motorsporty and less versatile with my wardrobe. For me, this bomber is more casual and doesn't back me into a specific style. I feel like I'd have to wear leather boots with a cafe/moto racer which isn't me. I could wear the bomber with a casual button down into the office and I wouldn't feel out of place as well as going out to a bar and not looking like I rode a bike there

ok but that one does not look good. Also i'd suggest black or brown or tan instead of olive.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like olive color tbh, they had a tan one which did not appeal at all to me and the one on APC's site is a complete miss. Black is so boring too in suede. I wear a lot of earth tones and I also want to stick with suede

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
man, if you're going to go super boring APC, at least get an olive jacket and not brown/ black.
I really like olive color tbh, they had a tan one which did not appeal at all to me and the one on APC's site is a complete miss. Black is so boring too in suede. I wear a lot of earth tones and I also want to stick with suede

suede black is dope...

check val star for some inspiration https://www.valstarmilano.com/men-s/leather.html?_=1637909278072&is_ajax=1, obviously out of the price range but might give you ideas

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think an all-black minimalist leather jacket, whether in suede or some smooth leather, goes better with black or grey jeans. Minimalist jackets have so little detailing to break up the leather. So unless you're wearing black or grey pants, it's going to look a bit odd. Otherwise, a black jacket with silver or gunmetal zips will be more versatile. With a minimalist all-black jacket with little detailing, you have to lean into that dark, moody look.

You can see this in Stoffa's new campaigns. Their black plonge leather is made with hidden zippers, so they pair it with grey trousers. You could do the same with black jeans.

Looks_Expanded_Looks_19a_720x.jpeg
Look_15-2_428ce714-8176-467c-b56f-a23a5146dce7_720x.jpeg

If you do a black jacket with silver zips, or any kind of earthy color, you can wear the jacket with blue jeans or other earthtones.

I'm mostly tepid on the jacket because I feel like that APC look is a bit old. But that's a bit subjective. I do think that a Valstar Clint jacket would look better and it has a little more direction and flavor than that APC look. Or Stoffa. Or some other option. Lots of stuff available if you don't want to do high fashion or workwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads