• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got another vintage leather, probably from the 70s

1635193301163.png

Very happy with it

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really think that the "I like what this celebrity is wearing, lets find out more" stage of fashion interest comes much earlier than the "I'm gonna have a tab open on Style Forum more than half the time that my computer is open" stage of fashion interest, and if they're anything like me most people who are at the later stage don't pay that much attention to how celebrity dresses anymore.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. Anyhow it's not a diss on celebrity styling and the people who are interested in that. It's the observation that they become increasingly less relevant the longer you've been interested in men's style.
I’ve been here a decade and a half and haven’t really seen ‘I want to dress like Beckham’ stuff.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you’re projecting your expertise onto normal clueless people who probably see nothing there other than “brown leather jacket”.

Never seen anyone say "I want to dress like X," However, I have seen people post a jacket and ask to find something similar.

This thread has always been around fashion forward and good makers not look like X.

isculpt

Reaction score
FCL Leon No Star(epaulets and belt) or Leon Custom(no epaulets and belt)?

isculpt

Reaction score
For what kind of fit? I personally prefer the custom but it’s just a cleaner look. If you wanted a more traditional DR the No Star might work better for you.
What would be more versatile? Also if anyone has fit pics of the No star, that'd be helpful. Seen plenty of the Leon Custom.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1691798

Edited to add: Zendaya is distractingly stunning. I can't take my eyes off that picture.

Jesus Christ that is a figure-flattering dress. ... and I've just become an admirer of whoever this is.

I’ve been here a decade and a half and haven’t really seen ‘I want to dress like Beckham’ stuff.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you’re projecting your expertise onto normal clueless people who probably see nothing there other than “brown leather jacket”.

Never seen anyone say "I want to dress like X," However, I have seen people post a jacket and ask to find something similar.

This thread has always been around fashion forward and good makers not look like X.

Funny because I just did a search on "Beckham" on this thread only to find numerous examples of referring to his fits as awesome and questions about the jackets he's wearing with links on where to buy them. But I'm not gonna bother linking to them, we all know how to search here. And no, I didn't post any of the referenced examples.

you gotta search someone, maybe @Understatesman had a Leon no star and posted fits

I no longer have that jacket in my fit grid, but I'm sure it's in an older post somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads