• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Falcon Garments took 5 weeks for my shearling DR. They’re currently running a 10 or 15% off sale. I think @Understatesman already tried FG but did you go custom?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put yourself in my shoes: Everything I post is apparently tracked and studied to post here in an attempt to mock me. Some people really don't have anything else better to do I guess.

You mock yourself, sir

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How it feels to wear a James Grose shearling that "fits right" according to SF.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.50.35 AM.png

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye a style icon?
Not for me.
With this picture, I just thought to myself (without knowing who it is) "Where is this big jacket going to walk with the little man?"

I don't like Kanye West but not recognizing that he did influence a lot of trends in the mainstream is pretty narrow.
Nothing wrong with wearing a huge oversized jacket. There are so many brands that make that style so fun. Even old Armani had big leather jackets which are awesome. Porter Classic also has some oversized leather jackets which I adore.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning Gents,

Long time no post. Good to see ya'll are your usual selves in good from no doubt. lol

Anyway, just placed an order for a Aero Rust Goatsuede Original Hercules from Carrie at Thurston. This is my 4th leather jacket.

In contrast to the other leathers, suede is readily available and I should have my jacket in around 8 weeks. Will keep y'all posted with deets to come!

Cheers!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I don't like Kanye West but not recognizing that he did influence a lot of trends in the mainstream is pretty narrow.
Nothing wrong with wearing a huge oversized jacket. There are so many brands that make that style so fun. Even old Armani had big leather jackets which are awesome. Porter Classic also has some oversized leather jackets which I adore.

Kanye West has a weirdly shaped body so nothing seems to fit him right but:
  1. He is definitely super popular as a style icon amongst male American millennials. Younger people seem to be more into Soundcloud rappers named lil boatie with face tattoos and colorful dreads but the forum demographics is mostly the aforementioned millenials so it is kinda weird that people would dispute that.
  2. This jacket fit is totally alright
  3. I dunno if he has a gut or not but at least he's not encasing his overweight body into as tight a leather prison as possible like a lot of poasters here, I mean not to kink shame but wtf dudes!

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I read that for some reason I thought you wrote something about the jacket being closed, my mistake.

either way I can find many ways that the jacket "worn" looks good new or beat up.

hopefully you are just trying to spark a conversation on this and not troll me

here one

and me
View attachment 1687836

Congrats on mtg AIC...unless you just met Duvall...then congrats too. What an experience that must've been...extremely talented group of dudes for sure...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads