• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if RMC made a repro of a 5zip in Shinki and sold it for double the price?

Knockoffs of current designs are more FCL.

RMC likes a modern design, they collab with the company (as they did with Lewis).

FCL likes a modern design, they’ll have their own version out with every brand hallmark except the logo, and pants weebs will be hailing the double priced knockoff as a triumph of design talent.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knockoffs of current designs are more FCL.

RMC likes a modern design, they collab with the company (as they did with Lewis).

FCL likes a modern design, they’ll have their own version out with every brand hallmark except the logo, and pants weebs will be hailing the double priced knockoff as a triumph of design talent.
Respectfully, as I do often value your input here, and I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I find the increasing use of terms like weebs, normies, etc. a bit internet cringey, condescending and completely unnecessary without really adding anything of value to the conversation. There’s enough of trying to make other groups and “tribes” feel like outsiders (in menswear and outside) I don’t get the point of furthering that cause on purpose.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Respectfully, as I do often value your input here, and I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I find the increasing use of terms like weebs, normies, etc. a bit internet cringey, condescending and completely unnecessary without really adding anything of value to the conversation. There’s enough of trying to make other groups and “tribes” feel like outsiders (in menswear and outside) I don’t get the point of furthering that cause on purpose.

I haven't heard those terms until now. Are they condescending or something? Just curious for my own knowledge. If they are condescending I totally agree.

Sometimes all this internet slang makes me feel like I am reading a foreign language

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard those terms until now. Are they condescending or something?

Yes.

Weeb is short for weeabo, a non-Japanese person who is obsessed with Japanese culture. More often used for manga and anime afficionado than for repro workwear enthusiasts.

Normie means people who will only have mainstream tastes in anything.

I agree with @d4nimal that those words don't bring a lot to the conversation, and if we can keep not using them everyone will come out ahead.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bit condescending to insinuate that I have a "warehouse of ice sculptures and mascara". ?

That was intended as offhanded commentary on avante garde fashion. I apologize that it was perceived as a dig.

I’ll venture to guess that my inclusion of mascara is in particular under scrutiny. So that it is stated, I do not have a problem with anyone wearing mascara.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't wear mascara , but my evil doppelgänger does . don't be fooled .

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was intended as offhanded commentary on avante garde fashion. I apologize that it was perceived as a dig.

I’ll venture to guess that my inclusion of mascara is in particular under scrutiny. So that it is stated, I do not have a problem with anyone wearing mascara.

lol I was just pulling your leg. No harm done. ?

Reaction score
Question for the leather experts here, I’m looking at the Saint Laurent L01. I have a 42” chest and 20” shoulders. Problem is when I check size charts, shoulders on a 52 are measured at 18”. How would that work out? I don’t see anyone with a 42” chest having 18” shoulders lol.

This is the jacket in question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads