• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A beast returns for FW21 in Yardman Yellow.
A5671A67-8B85-4DFA-8546-07224AF9F02A.jpeg
4F62029D-2C55-4310-8476-889FE7A57A53.jpeg
5627E35A-0038-49F2-8E5A-BAAD11543914.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sizing wise for those who’ve had the 5 zip, do they find it fits TTS? I’ve got broad shoulders anyways so I usually can’t size down lol

I have five of them and all are in a size 46 EU (or 36 US). I'm a size 37 chest. Mine were made between the years 2010 and 2018. I don't know if the pattern has changed. Some of the photos I see on SSENSE nowadays look different from the jackets I own.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im a 42 usually and i went with a 54. Mines from 2016 i think (bought almost new from grilled)

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing wise for those who’ve had the 5 zip, do they find it fits TTS? I’ve got broad shoulders anyways so I usually can’t size down lol
Fit changes. If you get something from the early 2000s to maybe 2009, the shoulders are a bit more generous by design if going for your size. Going forward, the fit became slimmer from my experience. Shoulders are narrower and armholes are higher.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks really good but it's so freaking slim.

I trust that if fits you and you can move comfortably, but I myself wouldn't feel comfortable vacuum packed into my jacket like that. I'm also at least 15 kg heavier than you are, so that's another factor.

Last edited:

MrProper

Reaction score
Looks really good but it's so freaking slim.

I trust that if fits you and you can move comfortably, but I myself wouldn't feel comfortable vacuum packed into my jacket like that. I'm also at least 15 kg heavier than you are, so that's another factor.

Yes, all my jackets are rather tight. I like it better that way. I also have some that are not quite so tight. With those I can layer something underneath.

Reactions: XWT

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is great and I’m 6’1” so I’m sure I can get away with sizing up. Thanks!

Some of the new stuff on SSENSE looks shorter than previous iterations. I don't know if this is a new design. So if you're tall with broad shoulders, you might want to size up for both length and shoulder width.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics