• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea I just dont need them but those two are good ones to consider. @UrbanComposition also has RO shearling which looks dope.

whichever one zips up comfortably but I elan to 42

They both zip up fine, but obviously the 44 has more room underneath. I'd say the 42 would be good for a tshirt or light sweater max. Then again, I don't own any thick sweaters anyway. So I don't know how much weight to give that point. I do like the loose drapyness of the 44 but I feel like the 42 fits ME better, though it wears more like a DR I'd wear to a bar than to a nice restaurant whereas the 44 I could wear to a nice dinner date.

Wondering if I should keep both... One for casual day to day and the other for colder layering when I'm up in NYC, or Europe, etc.

Reactions: XWT

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any specific reasons. Just not into the look.

Patrick R posted some photos earlier of another member wearing the same model well. I dig that outfit. There's another member here who owns that jacket and I think he wears it well. Just personally not into how the jacket looks on Understatesman.

You're going to give the poor guy a complex thinking he doesn't look quite right in any leather jacket.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They both zip up fine, but obviously the 44 has more room underneath. I'd say the 42 would be good for a tshirt or light sweater max. Then again, I don't own any thick sweaters anyway. So I don't know how much weight to give that point. I do like the loose drapyness of the 44 but I feel like the 42 fits ME better, though it wears more like a DR I'd wear to a bar than to a nice restaurant whereas the 44 I could wear to a nice dinner date.

Wondering if I should keep both... One for casual day to day and the other for colder layering when I'm up in NYC, or Europe, etc.
You should definitely keep both $1000 shearling jackets that you’ll never have a chance to wear in Texas, where you live.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're going to give the poor guy a complex thinking he doesn't look quite right in any leather jacket.

Nah, they just rip on me because I wear fashion pieces unfashionably. I could wear the latest Iron Heart flannel and they'd insist it came from WalMart before I told them the brand.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, they just rip on me because I wear fashion pieces unfashionably. I could wear the latest Iron Heart flannel and they'd insist it came from WalMart before I told them the brand.
I think I've told you you look good in several of the jackets you've owned. To date, I don't think anyone has ever mistaken anything you've bought for being cheap tbh.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

See, this I don't get. :puzzled:

We rip on you because of your ocd combined with the strange stuff you write in your posts. Nothing else.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as a side note... if you have certain ideas for a shearling, you can go wild at 5*. I had this two made to my own specifications. Another one (M-444 like) I just ordered.
View attachment 1684684 View attachment 1684686 View attachment 1684687

I genuinely think your shearling designs look better than any shearlings I've seen that are not straight-repro. That trucker hits the retro-modern balance that's built into the material so much better than fashion shearlings.

Not at all. You have more expensive jackets than pretty much all of us, and the usual comment on a jacket is that you got it one or too sizes too small, not that the jackets are themselves bad.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all. You have more expensive jackets than pretty much all of us, and the usual comment on a jacket is that you got it one or too sizes too small, not that the jackets are themselves bad.

Nah, man. I really don't. I own like literally 4 jackets right now, 3 I've gotten in the past week or so. And I'll end up keeping 2 or 3 in the end. So one James Grose and a couple of Schotts. It's not like I'm rocking Margiela or Tom Ford or even Fine Creek anymore.

I honestly don't care about the name. I just want it to look right on me. So hence the trial and error. Otherwise, I'd have kept the Iron Heart, the FCLs, the Bucos, and a few others. But I let them go gladly.

D-A-I

Reaction score
It would be pretty hard to call you unfashionable when you take every photo in the exact same pose and resell the jackets before wearing them outside. There's no sample size for how you would actually wear them.

CWV

Reaction score
A question about measur,emts.
I went to my tailor to have my measurements taken (thinking on a five star order), but I feel so,think might be wrong. He took my waist measurement over the top of my hip bones (anterior superior iliac spine) and not around the slimest part of my torso (just below the rib cage). I have never had my measureKent’s taken before. Is this the right way of doing it? My chest was 94 Cm and waist 91 Cm around according to these measurements

thx to all

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I went to my tailor to have my measurements taken (thinking on a five star order), but I feel so,think might be wrong. He took my waist measurement over the top of my hip bones (anterior superior iliac spine) and not around the slimest part of my torso (just below the rib cage). I have never had my measureKent’s taken before. Is this the right way of doing it? My chest was 94 Cm and waist 91 Cm around according to these measurements

thx to all
the problem with taking measurements is that everyone does it differently,
the key is if the person who took the measurements isnt the one using them then it needs to be established HOW THE MEASUREMENTS ARE TAKEN
You might want him to take both and make a notation as to where on the body he took them

Last edited:

MrProper

Reaction score

thx to all

You can measure yourself.
Take photos of yourself from the front, side and back.
Measure all the measurements you are interested in and draw the way of measuring in the drawing.
Or get help and take the photos with the tape measure on.

Then take a jacket that fits the way you want it to and take all the measurements as well. Again, it helps to take photos with the tape measure on.

Depending on the thickness of the material you then adjust the dimensions of the jacket.
Then attache all the pictures to the order and it should be ok.

BTW... I explicitly mention hip and natural waist when ordering.
For some, waist = hip and for others, waist = natural waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads