• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks bad. pockets exceptionally bad.

Pockets look like arrowheads pointing at *********.

Anyway, JG Shearling in both 42 and 44. Which to keep? Which to sell for $500 off? Both brand new.

IMG_7241.jpg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To give some more context, I ordered a trucker jacket from fivestar with their stock buttons. The buttons rattled whenever I moved. It was basically impossible to wear until I replaced the buttons.

Other than the buttons, the jacket was great. But I am guessing this is why people on TFL took issue with the buttons. If I order another trucker in the future, I will also ask that they just not put buttons on as I would just have to replace them later.

I wonder if he'll start sourcing some better trucker buttons, like how his military jackets have nice Talon and other zippers. But then I guess his customers (outside of this thread) for civvy jackets don't care as much about the details as the mil jacket fans do.

MrProper

Reaction score
I wonder if he'll start sourcing some better trucker buttons, like how his military jackets have nice Talon and other zippers. But then I guess his customers (outside of this thread) for civvy jackets don't care as much about the details as the mil jacket fans do.
I'm sure Shawn can get other buttons. But if everyone is saying leave the buttons off, then there is no reason to. The buttons he has are for thicker material or are not meant to be fixed. I replaced mine for that reason as well.
BA6556D2-80CD-44DB-9BDD-F9862B8C9685.jpeg

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To give some more context, I ordered a trucker jacket from fivestar with their stock buttons. The buttons rattled whenever I moved. It was basically impossible to wear until I replaced the buttons.

Sure it wasn't Tic Tacs in the pocket?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
May I inquire on why?

I don't have any specific reasons. Just not into the look.

Patrick R posted some photos earlier of another member wearing the same model well. I dig that outfit. There's another member here who owns that jacket and I think he wears it well. Just personally not into how the jacket looks on Understatesman.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like the Acne one @UrbanComposition bought a while back as well as the RAF Grose Greg from NMWA owns.

yea I just dont need them but those two are good ones to consider. @UrbanComposition also has RO shearling which looks dope.

Pockets look like arrowheads pointing at *********.

Anyway, JG Shearling in both 42 and 44. Which to keep? Which to sell for $500 off? Both brand new.

View attachment 1684628
whichever one zips up comfortably but I elan to 42

Reactions: XWT

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads