• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone jump on this supposedly-NWT J-24L in size 44 for just under $2k:

View attachment 1675266

Also this Flat Head cafe racer in 42:

View attachment 1675267

I just do this now.

nice jackets right here

?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the pockets seem a bit high. Is possibly because the jacket is rather on the very short side.

That's the thing, though. It's not short. It's actually got a lengthy body. Here's my own pic and measurements.

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.08.02 PM.png

Last edited:

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Fit pics. Opinions welcomed.

That's a keeper for me without a doubt. And keep in mind big sizes are rare so you got quite lucky.

Speaking of Blackmeans I bought this Blackmeans x Labrat Mercari listing.

A jacket of this type went for 625 usd on Grailed and then for 900 usd a little later. I think the fit is gonna be good for me but there is a very slight chance I've pulled an Understatesman and I'm gonna have to resell.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumps-through-hula-hoop.gif

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It‘s designed to wear as a long jacket on a Japanese person, on whom the hem would fall far lower than it does on you.

So you're telling me U.S.-based retailer Self Edge collaborated on this jacket for its U.S. customers, removed the side seam zips, added hand pockets but left the length long because it's really meant for Japanese people even though they had the freedom to change up the very things you claim?

You're just sticking to your guns aren't you?

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you're telling me U.S.-based retailer Self Edge collaborated on this jacket for its U.S. customers, removed the side seam zips, added hand pockets but left the length long because it's really meant for Japanese people even though they had the freedom to change up the very things you claim?

Yes. Because weebs like “Japanese fit” and get mad when that’s adjusted.

And 25.5 isn’t even particularly long by any stretch.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It‘s designed to wear as a long jacket on a Japanese person, on whom the hem would fall far lower than it does on you.

I doubt thats the intent you can always just ask @kiya yourself and he'll clarify.

The IH version of the jacket is cut "classic" so a bit more boxy. The SE version was adjusted to fit slimmer and more modern. Think of IH version for TFL guys and IHxSE for SF guys. The length is the same on both jackets btw.

One of the main reason i liked this jacket is that it fell right below my belt bucket but was also slim, i hate short jackets in general.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads