• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow those measurements are insanely bad for a 44. And he's selling at full price.

Like I said – it ran small. The FW21 one is more accommodating in chest but equally narrow in shoulder. They also changed the front-back tilt. And it comes with a mouton collar option.

Note RMC London only gives the back measurements. RMC Nagoya gives back and front: https://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/?pid=62590801

And given it's Grilled and the seller is in Canada where the dollar is weaker than US or UK, I'd say one could talk them down below 2K.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said – it ran small. The FW21 one is more accommodating in chest but equally narrow in shoulder. They also changed the front-back tilt. And it comes with a mouton collar option.

Oh I know. My friend has it, and I thought of getting one myself– but it looks like even the 42 I thought I'd have to upsize to would be too small considering what the 44 measures out to.

By the way I just spotted a Japanese Perfecto repro in mint condition for $150… the kicker is that it's a size 36.

KiaVet

Reaction score
Hey much should I expect to pay for a sleeve hem of a Schott 530? When I purchased the jacket from Schott LA they recommended a local tailor which first quoted me $195 (2 weeks ago), now that I wanted to go in today I'm being quoted $245. Seems kind of steep, but is this the norm?

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey much should I expect to pay for a sleeve hem of a Schott 530? When I purchased the jacket from Schott LA they recommended a local tailor which first quoted me $195 (2 weeks ago), now that I wanted to go in today I'm being quoted $245. Seems kind of steep, but is this the norm?
In NYC I think the last time i had it done I paid $250, taken from the shoulders. It was a while ago so probably cost more now.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In NYC I think the last time i had it done I paid $250, taken from the shoulders. It was a while ago so probably cost more now.

Taking a sleeve in at the shoulders is big jacket surgery and usually would be employed to lengthen a jacket sleeve.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a sleeve in at the shoulders is big jacket surgery and usually would be employed to lengthen a jacket sleeve.
I've never had a jacket lengthened, wasnt aware that was even possible. It was done to preserve the details at the wrist area. I used Superior leather in midtown they did a very good job could not tell any work was done. Now a days i won't buy a jacket where the sleeves are too long, the cost and uncertainty of outcome just aren't with it to me but i don't lift as much as i used to so it's easier for me to find a chest measurement that aligns better with sleeve length.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty. But I ain't fuckin with FCL any more. Unless it's an FCL Hampton in size 42. Then maybe.

Also wouldn't mind giving a size 40 Roberts another try. But this time, have a leather expert properly size it down to what I want.
You seen the new FCL SS2022 stuff? The Waterfall cafecto style and the Jack I like. The Alonzo might also be your style (all of these have relatively plain backs), though it looks a little long in the body for my own tastes. I also like they're making a lot of stuff in brown options.

Edit2022__0017_ACJK038Waterfall00041-36_1296x(1).jpg

1_a0af07ed-d8a5-4c18-97c1-e8e1d705ca95_1296x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads