• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
The A-2 arrived! Very pleased with the fit and finish.
8EM4Caz.jpg

cPPfVho.jpg
Well it was a short lived honeymoon phase but I'm thinking about unloading this, just prefer wearing my cottons! My BR tanker jacket is my favourite and serves roughly the same purpose. size 38 fits like a small or slim medium, only worn out a couple of times.. I'm keeping the whistle though ;) If anyone is interested shoot me an offer, not looking to make back all my cheddar on it just enough to get a few shirts for the fall!
PKWeJRn.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No direct sales. Make the retailers deal with the customers. It reduces the exposure to direct complaints, while still standing behind the product with the retailers.

not too many businesses left like that, dying breed

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it was a short lived honeymoon phase but I'm thinking about unloading this, just prefer wearing my cottons! My BR tanker jacket is my favourite and serves roughly the same purpose. size 38 fits like a small or slim medium, only worn out a couple of times.. I'm keeping the whistle though ;) If anyone is interested shoot me an offer, not looking to make back all my cheddar on it just enough to get a few shirts for the fall!
PKWeJRn.jpg

Same purpose how?

They're both great jackets for sure. I'm just curious because the A-2 is a summer windbreaker while the tanker is an actual insulated winter jacket.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm a size 38 chest and took a 40 in that.

I imagine that's going to be hard to wear in Texas. The coat wears a bit warm and IMO it looks best layered over a knit. I wear mine when temps are below 60 degrees. The weather has to be brisk.

Weather-wise, it'll be my travel jacket when I trek around cooler environments again.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Same purpose how?

They're both great jackets for sure. I'm just curious because the A-2 is a summer windbreaker while the tanker is an actual insulated winter jacket.
You make a good point, and perhaps you're subtly telling me I should not rid of it yet ;) perhaps you're right, maybe I'll rest on it a while but my offer still stands if there is an individual interested. I will say, the tanker is certainly not as heavy as it seems especially the cotton face fabric is very light. I find the M-65 (sans liner) warmer and it's my go to for winter, for the brutally cold days I wear my Arc'teryx Atom LT under it. I also have the patch pocket version of the Tanker so the pockets are without substantial insulation, I think the slash pocket model has some kind of insulator in the pockets.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman so what happened to the jacket give away did you pull a :foo2: on us?

Told you, that guy ruined the party. Let that be a lesson in community standards. If the good guys don't speak out against the bad guys, that might as well be silent confirmation. So I sold it and bought myself a Bathing Ape x Schott cafe racer.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Told you, that guy ruined the party. Let that be a lesson in community standards. If the good guys don't speak out against the bad guys, that might as well be silent confirmation. So I sold it and bought myself a Bathing Ape x Schott cafe racer.

weak sauce excuse my man

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's to the delusion of being a good guy, a size 39 chest, and fitting a size 40 James Grose shearling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads