• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Looks like an ugly knockoff of the Lewis Leathers Lightning.

Triumph%20mag2.jpg

*Looks like a beautiful knockoff of the Lewis Leathers Lightning.

happyriverz

Reaction score
The 5-zip: what a great design, not even the terrible SSENSE styling here can take that away:

maison-margiela-black-goatskin-sports-jacket.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Blackmeans Leather? I heard there stuff run extremely small and they hand distressed a lot it. Judging by pics there stuff seems quality. I went ahead and purchased this jacket off Yoox. I'm 6'3 185lbs and and I went with a Sz 6
BLACKMEANS® Biker jacket Khaki Sheepskin thumbnail
BLACKMEANS® Biker jacket Khaki Sheepskin
Looks similar to the jacket (if not the same one) I bought and returned to Yoox maybe two years ago.

The size 6 fit small. Pretty sure I measured the P2P at 21.5”. I also did not love the distressed finish on the leather.

schraiber

Reaction score
I assume this is a good place to ask this question...

I'm looking for a double rider/motorcycle jacket that's in the Schott Perfecto quality/price range but isn't a Perfecto. There are a few things that just don't totally appeal to me about the Perfecto, namely

1. I don't like the belt. This can be avoided with some models, I suppose.

And actually more importantly

2. I want the "lapels" to be a bit bigger. I just don't think the proportions are great on the Perfecto for whatever reason, and I generally prefer jackets with bigger "lapels", or whatever the right word is

And as a bonus

3. Ideally relatively minimalist, I don't want a million zips and weird **** hanging off of it

Anyone got any suggestions for something of comparable quality to a Schott but that satisfies my needs?

Reactions: XWT

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions for something of comparable quality to a Schott but that satisfies my needs?

A lot of things come to mind, but to what extent do you want it to be Perfecto-like? The full 613/618 front design (minus belt) or just a double rider that's well made with a similar price/performance ratio?

schraiber

Reaction score
A lot of things come to mind, but to what extent do you want it to be Perfecto-like? The full 613/618 front design (minus belt) or just a double rider that's well made with a similar price/performance ratio?
Moreso the second I suppose, pretty open to the overall design as long as it fits my main criteria

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume this is a good place to ask this question...

I'm looking for a double rider/motorcycle jacket that's in the Schott Perfecto quality/price range but isn't a Perfecto. There are a few things that just don't totally appeal to me about the Perfecto, namely

1. I don't like the belt. This can be avoided with some models, I suppose.

And actually more importantly

2. I want the "lapels" to be a bit bigger. I just don't think the proportions are great on the Perfecto for whatever reason, and I generally prefer jackets with bigger "lapels", or whatever the right word is

And as a bonus

3. Ideally relatively minimalist, I don't want a million zips and weird **** hanging off of it

ummm you are describing a Rick Owens stooges to me. Has lapels and no belt. Another option is Nine Lives.

what’s your budget and I can narrow down some results. Acne might be a good option too.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moreso the second I suppose, pretty open to the overall design as long as it fits my main criteria

Got it! You have a lot of options worth looking at. Aero has some great minimalist double riders with no belt and generous lapel/collar, like the Hooch Hauler. They also crop up on the Aero sales page pretty often, so you might be able to grab one there. The jacket runs about $1000.
5065f9b6982a7821_Front500.jpg

Lewis Leathers is pricier, but their Lightning 402 might work if the design isn't too busy for your tastes:
DSC_0106_2048x.JPG

Another option that would get you exactly what you want, at a fraction of the price, but require more work at your end is FiveStar Leather in Pakistan. They have great workmanship, and through trial and error of the enthusiasts in the West, they've developed a stable of some pretty great designs. You just have to be very specific about what you want. (I've ordered two jackets from them, so I can advise if you want to go that route).

I think their best double rider pattern is the D-pocket, especially in the 'premium goatskin'. Their jackets are all made to order, so you can note any size adjustments, and request the belt loops be removed and (if the D-pocket feels too busy) for the D-pocket to be replaced by diagonal handwarmer pocket like it has on the other side. This would run you about $200, maybe a little more depending on details.

194298431_771217093753879_2928211704468171858_n.jpg

I'd ideally find you customer photos of all of these but the treasure trove (Fedora Lounge) seems to be down right now.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's double the price of a Perfecto, though, and almost double the price of the Aero and Lewis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads