• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That really is stunning. Can you get it without the badge? I seem to remember that being a possibility when I looked at them some years ago. That leather also looks great, very shinki-esque from that one pic. I'm torn on the contrast zipper tape. It looks good in that application but I'm not sure I'd get it like that.

The second jacket I posted is also that same leather. Amazing depth to it.

IIRC they stopped the no-badge option for brand differentiation once Japanese (and some British) brands started doing Lewis stylr jackets— though they might have brought the option back. That said, even as a logo averse person, I’ve come around to their patch. (Apparently the text rubs off pretty easily too.)

I like the contrast zipper in some jackets more than others. I’m not sure if I’d get it with a green jacket.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First jacket to arrive from Japan came in today: Schott 7606 Lambskin Perfecto

Fits pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

IMG_6898.jpg

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the scoop on this? It’s from Junya Watanabe Man SS21 (edit: SS22). Not out yet, but I can’t find any more info anywhere. Looks like a regular Schott to me…curious what spin JW did to it. IIRC, his past leather collabo was with Vanson (while CdG tapped Lewis)

25E3A8DE-19C8-40D1-B5A7-E1A7129AF05F.jpeg

Last edited:

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baggy and long sleeves :devil::deadhorse:
The sleeve length would be fine if it were horsehide because it would ride up with wear and stay in place for wrist protection but with lambskin not so much.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the scoop on this? It’s from Junya Watanabe Man SS21. Not out yet, but I can’t find any more info anywhere. Looks like a regular Schott to me…curious what spin JW did to it. IIRC, his past leather collabo was with Vanson (while CdG tapped Lewis)

View attachment 1649275

The epaulets are attached to the sleeves, rather than the shoulder panels. Weird. And the lapels are reduced in size, which is good.

You ordered a Schott from Japan and it’s just their standard fashion lamb jacket, not a cool JDM piece like UST or UHT? ?

Standard fashion lamb jacket? Show me where they make one for the U.S. market other than the raven perfecto with it's weird measurements and blacked out hardware. Hint: they don't. So I'm happy with this. And I also have another coming with the Neighborhood x Schott collab DR, that one is horsehide.

IMG_6900.jpg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one is fighting with you. It’s your money.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ordered a Schott from Japan and it’s just their standard fashion lamb jacket, not a cool JDM piece like UST or UHT? ?
No one is fighting with you. It’s your money.

Make up your mind then. Either you wanna troll and imply insults or you wanna pretend you're above the fray. By god, man, I could at least respect some consistency.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d say a pretty measured response to a shot across the bow.

You wouldn't say calling my "standard fashion lamb jacket" not a "cool JDM piece" is a shot in itself? ****, he started it.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, "standard" isn't an insult. There are a lot of jackets where I prefer 'standard' leather options to the 'special' ones (Schott's normal horsehide vs their Chromexcel and Shinki models, for example). "Fashion" wasn't a pejorative either.

The emphasis there was on ordering "from Japan" and taking on the gamble that entails when you can find comparable jackets without said gamble. Even as the 613US/UH that I mentioned goes, I said earlier in that they basically started making that on the US side of things as the 613S/SH, making the re-import many used to do a few years ago unnecessary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads