• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman in that Neighborhood collab after all of the jackets he's stolen from appreciative homes.

mcdonalds-hamburglar-close-up-shot-two.jpg

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally waking up and smelling the coffee. I think it's time to accept that, yes, maybe the Fine Creek Roberts jacket might be just a tad too small for me.

Everyone here was right. I was wrong. I am humble in defeat and the jacket shall be bequeathed to a new, more worthy owner.

Goodnight sweet prince.

fine-creek-and-co-roberts-leather-jacket-9.jpg

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman in that Neighborhood collab after all of the jackets he's stolen from appreciative homes.

View attachment 1647562
Nah, that kind of behavior demands a Simmons Bilt.

(The brand was founded on the back of stealing £200k+ of Aero’s property, then it came out in the trial that they stole the patterns as well… to the point that some of their jackets have certain mistakes in them that Aero fixed in between then and now— a real “copy the mistakes on the test next to you” situation. ? The main guy went to prison but there are something like eight key employees there still who were deeply involved in the theft and fraud.)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, finally waking up and smelling the coffee. I think it's time to accept that, yes, maybe the Fine Creek Roberts jacket might be just a tad too small for me.

Everyone here was right. I was wrong. I am humble in defeat and the jacket shall be bequeathed to a new, more worthy owner.

Goodnight sweet prince.

View attachment 1648142

So you are selling it now?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Goodnight sweet prince.

View attachment 1648142

That jacket is a cursed object and should be delivered to the Warrens for safe keeping alongside Annabelle.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Goodnight sweet prince.

View attachment 1648142

I think the TOJ was the best fit for you. Not that everything has to be flattering, but that jacket was the most flattering of all the jackets you've posted.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried looking up in this thread if the mystery of the distinction between "Fine Creek Leathers" and "Fine Creek & Co" was ever solved...no dice.
That said, to add more to the mystery - one FC retailer told me that the different labels are lined up with the era/style that the jacket is replicating (i.e. 50's vs 60's, American vs British inspired, etc), and another FC retailer told me Fine Creek & Co is their "price point" label...he wanted to say lower tier, but didn't know how else to describe it, because it is still very high quality. This same retailer also mentioned that FC is phasing out "Fine Creek Leathers" as the specific leather used for those jackets primarily is decreasing in quantity (not quality, QUANTITY), and "Fine Creek & Co" will take over.

Take this with a grain of salt, because clearly everyone is on a different page.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried looking up in this thread if the mystery of the distinction between "Fine Creek Leathers" and "Fine Creek & Co" was ever solved...no dice.
That said, to add more to the mystery - one FC retailer told me that the different labels are lined up with the era/style that the jacket is replicating (i.e. 50's vs 60's, American vs British inspired, etc), and another FC retailer told me Fine Creek & Co is their "price point" label...he wanted to say lower tier, but didn't know how else to describe it, because it is still very high quality. This same retailer also mentioned that FC is phasing out "Fine Creek Leathers" as the specific leather used for those jackets primarily is decreasing in quantity (not quality, QUANTITY), and "Fine Creek & Co" will take over.

Take this with a grain of salt, because clearly everyone is on a different page.

According to the guys at FCL (met them at the Self Edge trunk show 2 years ago), Fine Creek Leathers is strictly horsehide jackets made in-house by the brand. There are only three or four employees in the company who make jackets with this label on it. With this line, they try to replicate a vintage style as accurately as possible. In one example they showed me, a jacket had triple stitch details on the back. They said they couldn't apply that method in one go as they didn't have the tools necessary so they would first stitch the jacket with a double-needle, then once more with a single needle.

Fine Creek & Co is made by a separate manufacturer. This label consists of jackets that aren't restricted to horse hide and historically accurate vintage styles. They have also used lambskin, deerskin etc in the past.

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you are selling it now?

Not just yet. I want to see how the ones I have coming in compare. If measurements are anything to go by, they should all be slightly bigger, yet some shorter in the body (which could be a concern, I'm starting to think).

That jacket is a cursed object and should be delivered to the Warrens for safe keeping alongside Annabelle.

To the back of my closet it goes.

LimitedTightBlackpanther-max-1mb.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads