• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That FCL tag doesn't look like a 40 to me. ?Store pics I know I know. Hope things work out this time around.

Bought a 38. Learned from my clownfest that was buying the FCL Roberts jacket in a size 40. That wore like a butcher's coat on me.

The 38 Raymond measurements are fractions bigger than my current 38 Roberts measurements. So that's good. Plus, it's got a shorter body length, which I also want.

And worst case scenario, liks I said, I resell it at cost since it's not even available for purchase in the U.S. market.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.44.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.33.09 PM.png

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fail to understand how you like that 38 more than that 40 but you do you.

It's easy. This is NOT a look I'm going for. Clearly this guy sized up more than he should have.

fcjk024-11.jpg

And most of the FCL models wear their pants very loose and low so it helps to downplay the longer body lengths they're putting out. But I mean, ****, look at the arms. Clearly not a good fit.

I wear my pants, you know, like a normal person. So longer body lengths don't appeal to me. And sizing up it only adds to the body length problem. Hence, the Raymond model with it's shorter body can and should be worn more fitted, imho.

Like this guy.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 9.32.31 PM.png
d511af067d59033cb4f8.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 9.33.44 PM.png

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude FCL isn't made like the fit you are trying to pursue. It's cut longer and wider. Downsize all ya want but you look like you are in a sausage casing. Why don't you get something more vintage inspired cut that is shorter and has more of a taper on the sleeves?

Either that or go online and get 20 more leather jackets. You basically have become a legend here

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hardest leather jacket to find is the one that hits below your butt. Like a short car coat 72'' long or may be safari leather jacket with slanted front pockets and waist tabs. Most of them I fnd in suede and unlined, not ideal.
16026375UT_14_f.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads