• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been thinking about the FCL Harris a bit, I def don’t need another rider but it looks good
I don’t know anything about proper fits for all the variety of leather jackets, but it seems a little too long. I’d agree about the crinkled finish as well; I’d rather break it in myself with some hard use.

Last edited:

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, that gap at the neck as well…

sorry, I’ll get me coat.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know FCL just feel long to me. I like my jacket with more relaxed modern stuff but I always think it looks a little silly when I wear high rises and stuff.

Although that collar gap yo.

I think Imma save my money for a j-24. Just tried it on the other day and the fit is too good. Now just to not buy other garbage before getting there.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know FCL just feel long to me. I like my jacket with more relaxed modern stuff but I always think it looks a little silly when I wear high rises and stuff.

I think Imma save my money for a j-24. Just tried it on the other day and the fit is too good. Now just to not buy other garbage before getting there.

You’re getting rid of your FCL Edward? Or planning on having both?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re getting rid of your FCL Edward? Or planning on having both?

Dunno, I like the lightning pattern but I often think it's too long. I might sell it, might not. If I sell it I can get it sooner, if I don't it'll be something for next year maybe

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all this James Grose RAF Irvin talk got me Googling ... only to come across this past gem.

I still want.

1125025-3f3960ff4779bbc46c03b8bc981f6dc1.jpg

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I got the Real McCoys Cooper in the mail today. I firstly want to thank @StrangeJeremy for taking pics in helping me decide because I absolutely love this thing.

As you can see, the arms are a tad long right now, but that is okay because horsehide can accordion a lot in my experience. Additionally I do a lot of driving and may get a motorcycle again someday so when my arms are outstretched, this doesn't slide down my forearm (which bothers me immensely on leather jackets). Also this jacket is ******* heavy. I thought that I had been shipped three or four pairs of boots on mistake before I opened the box. Already broke two hangers attempting to hang it up.

I sincerely wish I was better at taking photos because the leather on this thing is unreal. It looks and feels and smells incredible. Cannot wait to see how it will age.
View attachment 1640164 View attachment 1640163
View attachment 1640165 View attachment 1640167
Looks great!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been looking at that one too...
It would be a win because that's also my last name.
But what is the crinkly looking finish on the leather? Were they really old horses? I'm not sure I'm liking that.

thats shinki leather and its supposed to look that way

I don’t know anything about proper fits for all the variety of leather jackets, but it seems a little too long. I’d agree about the crinkled finish as well; I’d rather break it in myself with some hard use.
Actually, that gap at the neck as well…

sorry, I’ll get me coat.

what collar gap? do you mean the area between collar and model's head?

Every FCL jacket I have tried has been a little too long. Seems to be the house style, but it is less than ideal for me (ymmv). That plus the jackets are generally too snug in the chest.

@All, yes FCL is longer in the body which appeal to me

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads