• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for context fun facts, this entire subforum was created out of a silly "10 best jeans" list that I made bade in... 2003 or 2004? And our first affiliate vendor here was Self Edge, a store of which I was a customer before I ever met Kiya. So, the business started as an uncompensated fun project and place to spend time chatting with other hobbyists. That the vendors reflect my personal tastes, or that the subforum is a name that reflects that (and the fact that we've never found anything better since) should not surprise anyone. JI know that a lot of people who have been here a long time know a lot of not all of this alreadyl. But I just wanted to provide some context or the newer members here.

ThreadsofApollo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We know how long the factory has been making leather jackets - 30 years, as @ThreadsofApollo has said repeatedly.
But he doesn't say a single other thing about the factory.

What do you find so impressive about the design of these jackets?
I fully agree with @d4nimal. They look like the Wikipedia picture for mall jackets.

You've written quite a few posts defending/praising AOT when no one else on this board seemed at all interested let alone impressed, but all you really seem to be saying is that their hardware and stitching is nice. Yawn.

I found it odd that you would compare these sheepskin jackets to Schott, which use completely different leathers, construction, and styling. Even the AOT guy was baffled by that comparison. Also found it odd that someone who knows collected so many leathers is so impressed with YKK zippers. Also found it odd you burn so many calories defending a mall brand.

Then I realized they were an affiliate sponsor. Glad they are getting their money's worth.

It's ToA buddy, not AoT.

There is literally a Google Drive link on the Affiliate thread with images and videos of the factory and tannery. Feel free to take a look. If you don't like the designs that are fine. But again, I ask, what is up with the rudeness here?

Are you okay? Using words like "Yawn", "Mall brand" etc really necessary? You can critique the styles without being insulting.

I realize the website isn't the greatest at the moment. We are currently shifting to a new site soon which is more in line with our brand image and what we are about.

Our designs are purposefully minimalist and simple since there are many folks who prefer that. Not just for those into fashion but individuals who get intimated by leather jackets and are looking for a great starter jacket. It has worked very well for us so far.

With that being said, we are slowly branching out to more unique designs. Our two-tone jackets are an example of this. We also have some unique croc print designs in the works, a fully lined Shearling which is a bit different in style than a traditional Shearling, and a few more things.

It seems like Styleforum prefers more unique or experimental type designs. So, if you or anyone have any recommendations for styles you'd like to see in the future, let me know. Maybe we can create one together, as a community?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People WTF the more we talk about the brand the better it is for him. Quit giving free advertising and SEO results.

Re Marvel
WandaVision I keep meaning to go back to.

Winter soldier was cool, simple plot but fun.

Loki, I’m on episode 2 and really Huddleson does a great job.

ThreadsofApollo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
People WTF the more we talk about the brand the better it is for him. Quit giving free advertising and SEO results.

Re Marvel
WandaVision I keep meaning to go back to.

Winter soldier was cool, simple plot but fun.

Loki, I’m on episode 2 and really Huddleson does a great job.

Free? As a Forum sponsor and Affiliate, I am paying to be here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ToA buddy, not AoT.

There is literally a Google Drive link on the Affiliate thread with images and videos of the factory and tannery. Feel free to take a look. If you don't like the designs that are fine. But again, I ask, what is up with the rudeness here?

Are you okay? Using words like "Yawn", "Mall brand" etc really necessary? You can critique the styles without being insulting.

I realize the website isn't the greatest at the moment. We are currently shifting to a new site soon which is more in line with our brand image and what we are about.

Our designs are purposefully minimalist and simple since there are many folks who prefer that. Not just for those into fashion but individuals who get intimated by leather jackets and are looking for a great starter jacket. It has worked very well for us so far.

With that being said, we are slowly branching out to more unique designs. Our two-tone jackets are an example of this. We also have some unique croc print designs in the works, a fully lined Shearling which is a bit different in style than a traditional Shearling, and a few more things.

It seems like Styleforum prefers more unique or experimental type designs. So, if you or anyone have any recommendations for styles you'd like to see in the future, let me know. Maybe we can create one together, as a community?

Just fwiw, David is wearing a Rick Owens jacket in that scene, iirc, he is in full Rick in that scene. Apparently, the wardrobe budget was low, so he used his own clothes, and they were careful to not have any pieces past 2010 or so, to be consistent with the plot.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just fwiw, David is wearing a Rick Owens jacket in that scene, iirc, he is in full Rick in that scene. Apparently, the wardrobe budget was low, so he used his own clothes, and they were careful to not have any pieces past 2010 or so, to be consistent with the plot.

yea I heard that he did that, pretty neat. I love when actors bring their own taste to a show, Hugh Laurie brought a lot of his musical tastes to house which was great.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Free? As a Forum sponsor and Affiliate, I am paying to be here.

Search results have nothing to do with your affiliation that’s not how SEO works. But mentioning your brand a lot will push SF to the top search and point to this thread.

ThreadsofApollo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Search results have nothing to do with your affiliation that’s not how SEO works. But mentioning your brand a lot will push SF to the top search and point to this thread.

So, I'm curious, even if it did, why would that be a bad thing? What have I or this brand has done to you where you would outwardly root against us? Is Styleforum not an open-minded community? No insult here, I am actually curious. Your comment hasn't been the first today where I have felt hostility for I don't know what reason.

EDIT: We are a small brand with a group of 3 that has bootstrapped their way into finding some success and is starting to grow. Is that not a brand that the community would want?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just fwiw, we use white hat SEO practices for all of our sponsors anyway.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I'm curious, even if it did, why would that be a bad thing? What have I or this brand has done to you where you would outwardly root against us? Is Styleforum not an open-minded community? No insult here, I am actually curious. Your comment hasn't been the first today where I have felt hostility for I don't know what reason.

EDIT: We are a small brand with a group of 3 that has bootstrapped their way into finding some success and is starting to grow. Is that not a brand that the community would want?

Because we've had vendors do this before. Join a conversation, pretend to be interested but in reality just upsetting their product. Cant fully blame you but this aint the right audience for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics