• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's try this. A video of me wearing the Roberts. Thoughts?

I think it looks good. It's not just a mater of one size up or down. In your case, the 2 tears you had have proven that to get the body hugging fit you love (and given your narrow ish shoulders) you have to size slimmer. With a horsehide jacket with a tubular body, high arm holes and a slim chest... it creates stress points and doesn't hold up like it should.

Do I agree with you that it looks good with zero layers and unzipped? Yes.

Do I agree with everyone else that this jacket's pattern in this size doesn't work that well with your body measurements? Also yes.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fit looks better here than on those IG shop models... it's supposed to be a racer right? second skin is def a fit and why not

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the feedback. I feel like this jacket regardless of who wears it doesn't look very good zipped up. The tube body is just not flattering, on top of the longer-than-ideal length of it.

Uploading a video of my Polo with 18" shoulders. Totally different drape because of the lambskin. But you can see the shoulders are not flattering, imho.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******, one more. TOJ minimalist double rider. Size 46 with the length of a 48. I dunno why.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
they're both too small on you even unzipped... both would look better on you a size up

you've got some foo level cognitive dissonance though

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has come to another whole level.

Looks tight on the body.

Special request for a "friend". Upload a video with the 2 tennis balls inside the jacket.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Folks the FCL Robert’s fits like a RO intarsia. Notice in the pics the long tube like body but it does slim down. I took that in a 50 (us38) if I took it in a 48 i would rip the seams. Same issue as @Understatesman but I chose to size up.

I’ve had jackets (TOJ moto) and tried on ones (ma+ biker) where I had to breath in to zip up. I learned that it’s too annoying and uncomfortable, better a little loose than overly constricting always.

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And for anyone curious, these are not true biswing panels on the arms. They're like half sewn shut. They're weird in that they provide no additional flexibility yet would appear so. Hence, they can rip inside but unseen from just looking at it.

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6641.jpg
IMG_6642.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads