• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww, now you're gonna take all the fun out of this...
I'm gonna wear this printed leather jacket and then hit on your mom while wearing a bandana. Are we having fun now?
- The weakest point is the printed leather. It's not bad, but natural grain would be more to my taste.
I agree. The printed leather is actually the part I'm hung up on and why I've been hemming and hawing over this jacket since Standard and Strange put it up.

Reactions: XWT

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
???

Axl Rose was famous for the bandana and sunglasses look now he added a hat, slash the top hat and sunglasses. Its a general biker look that most musicians like to follow.

I saw GnR in 2006 or as I liked to call them at the time "Axl's Roses" since there was only one other original member at the time. Man, Axl sounded amazing he really had a good opportunity for a comeback but a bad release of Chinese Democracy both due to bad marketing and songs leaking over the years before '08. I practically had the whole album in 2005/06 so when it actually came out it wasnt really new.

Then 2012 r&r hall of fame no show from Axl only to re-unite in end of 2015.

I saw them in 2016, also had front row tix for 2020 show (cancelled due to covid).

Axl's voice is not what it was but gnr still easily one of my fave bands. If you think about it they had a short career 85-93 were all the main releases (8 years), similar with nirvana 87-94 (7 years). Thats a lot for both of those bands to achieve in such a short run.

Sorry I thought you posted him as a joke, saying that you'll look like this asshole if you put on a bandana. Most who reference 80s hair metal band members, don't do so as a reference to being style icons.

I also don't really like Guns N Roses, but I'm not partial to hair metal in general.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna wear this printed leather jacket and then hit on your mom while wearing a bandana. Are we having fun now?
giphy (23).gif

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you posted him as a joke, saying that you'll look like this asshole if you put on a bandana. Most who reference 80s hair metal band members, don't do so as a reference to being style icons.

I also don't really like Guns N Roses, but I'm not partial to hair metal in general.

GNR was universally accepted - both by the hard metal fans who rejected the Glam Era and by the pop hard rock fans. In that regard they were somewhat unique.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kerchief style bandana was big with hippies in the early and mid 70s. At least in norcal anyway.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GNR was universally accepted - both by the hard metal fans who rejected the Glam Era and by the pop hard rock fans. In that regard they were somewhat unique.

I mean yeah can't deny that, however when it comes to music from that era, I'm more into the hardcore, no wave, new wave stuff, black metal, death metal. GNR never really hit my radar although I'll admit to Welcome to the Jungle is catchy.

I may be confusing him, but I swear I thought he turned into another conspiracy theory nut but maybe Im just thinking of Dave Mustaine.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No not really, just posted the "look"

THIS!!!

I am def more of a heavy metal / hard rock fan and GNR was that band that bridged the gap for me.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean yeah can't deny that, however when it comes to music from that era, I'm more into the hardcore, no wave, new wave stuff, black metal, death metal. GNR never really hit my radar although I'll admit to Welcome to the Jungle is catchy.

I may be confusing him, but I swear I thought he turned into another conspiracy theory nut but maybe Im just thinking of Dave Mustaine.

I think Axl went in the other direction. He was on Twitter rejecting people for their conspiracy theories before the election.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh good old Dave :p

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh good old Dave :p

Dave Mustaine is one of my childhood idols. He seems to have gone a bit overboard though after that hand/arm injury and finding Christ.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dave Mustaine is one of my childhood idols. He seems to have gone a bit overboard though after that hand/arm injury and finding Christ.

dont get me wrong rust in peace is one of my all time favorite records, I've seen them live several times

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong rust in peace is one of my all time favorite records, I've seen them live several times

Yeah RIP is awesome. Hangar 18, Holy Wars, Rust in Peace - so many awesome tracks.

Oh and Dave's hair... :drool:

1620761774856.png

1620762021163.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads