• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@d4nimal is that a black teacore? It is beautiful.

@dieworkwear I keep going back to DR's ?

It is - no idea whose leather it is though. Now having handled a fair amount of Shinki/Horween etc, it's a lot softer than other horsehide I've come across.

Sure you did or are you actually that dumb Derek? Obviously not.

I know you're just sort of joking with the jacket shouldn't be zipped up but some people tend to be apprehensive with posting their fits with their jackets zipped.

It should be included to those previous stupid SF group think in this thread:

- Jacket (in horse/calf) will stretch up to the next size
- Leather jacket should fit like a second skin; buys jacket one size too small and looks like in a sausage casing but gets complimented of how it fits well
- Somebody asks for a jacket recommendation - get a TOJ/5-zip instead
- Thicker leather equates to higher quality

tbh I'm also confused as to which of those points you're talking about in general, or specifically related to my fit. I'm aware that the outfit has several points of potential contention people might not like, though, and that's ok. Might be too short, too slim/small/am I the sausage casing guy?, too busy, too affected (bandana) for some. For me, I'm ok with all of those, but I understand it might not be to everyone's liking.

I'm going to go ahead and state that my leathers fit me extremely well and better than most posters on here and that's a function of knowing exactly what proportions work on my frame to make it look good.

I'm confused, did someone say your jackets don't fit well? I've always thought they were absolute bangers, but I like your stuff in general.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about posting this in the should I buy thread, but I think most folks in here would appreciate/have more of an opinion on this jacket. I been going back and forth for months because the color is listed as "black" but it doesn't look so to me. Saw pics on @almostvintage IG and it's definitely brown. What do y'all think?

Fire round opinion :
- I love every details. The button cutts especially.
- The sleeves appear a bit short in proportion to the rest. This may not be an actual problem but more of a percieved one. Aside from this, the pattern is beautifully made.
- If it's the same that AVS had (and he bought it from S&S) it's dark dark dark brown. Standard and Strange or Almost Vintage Style will both be capable of confirming.
- The weakest point is the printed leather. It's not bad, but natural grain would be more to my taste.

too busy, too affected (bandana) for some.

For a message board of people into clothes, there is sure a lot of us who are deathly affraid of doing anything that's remotely noticeable.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is - no idea whose leather it is though. Now having handled a fair amount of Shinki/Horween etc, it's a lot softer than other horsehide I've come across.

tbh I'm also confused as to which of those points you're talking about in general, or specifically related to my fit. I'm aware that the outfit has several points of potential contention people might not like, though, and that's ok. Might be too short, too slim/small/am I the sausage casing guy?, too busy, too affected (bandana) for some. For me, I'm ok with all of those, but I understand it might not be to everyone's liking.

I'm confused, did someone say your jackets don't fit well? I've always thought they were absolute bangers, but I like your stuff in general.

No no I meant to say that it's important to be thoughtful about what fits well and what doesn't. A great jacket might not be a great jacket for you

slows2k

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and state that my leathers fit me extremely well and better than most posters on here and that's a function of knowing exactly what proportions work on my frame to make it look good.

FWIW my statement here wasn’t directed at you in any way. I think your fits are spot on. It was just about addressing fit advice I had taken myself from reading many sites about finding the right jacket size. Having failed twice I figured I would discourage others from going down the same path.

Didn’t you commission an addict red leather piece a while back? I feel like I remember a pic of it but haven’t seen it come up since.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, people are actually wearing bandanas like this in real life?

I do. All the time. It looks effing awesome. However, as all things in life, the style could be improved on, like so:

Adobe_20210510_170346.jpg

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leather jacket friends -- I'm in search of a hard-to-find grail jacket, one we've all discussed plenty of times before, the 3Sixteen x Schott perfecto horsehide collab, in a size Small. Preferably the black teacore, but open to the Arabica model, or even the latest waxy steerhide release. But no interest in the roughout version.

Needle in a haystack, I know, I know... ha. I almost secured one, and the seller got cold feet and decided to keep it. Can't blame him.

Obviously, there's hope that 3sixteen will do another horsehide collab with Schott in the future. But, figured I'd at least vocalize what I'm looking for, in case somebody is sitting on one they never wear, or some other weird magic trick **** that I'll gladly accept, should I manage to score one. Many thanks!

There is also the chromexecal version you may want to look for.

@sinnedk all those leathers are clearly stiff as they are able to stand by themselves. If they were pliable they would crumple on their own weight. That's objectively evidence of how rigid they are.

why was I tagged? Not following :p

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bandanas are the ****, I own a ton of vintage ones and a handful of Kapital ones. I wear them in all sorts of ways, cowboy, headband, underneath my shirt, protecting the back of my neck etc. Also it gets hot as hell in Japan, and its nice to wet one, freeze em, and then wear it out. Lasts all of 10 minutes but damn does it make the commute just a little more bearable.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bandanas are the ****, I own a ton of vintage ones and a handful of Kapital ones. I wear them in all sorts of ways, cowboy, headband, underneath my shirt, protecting the back of my neck etc. Also it gets hot as hell in Japan, and its nice to wet one, freeze em, and then wear it out. Lasts all of 10 minutes but damn does it make the commute just a little more bearable.

_87489949_4ed42c25-12d1-4562-bf88-68e304869887.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I don`t like that crazy ass MF, but I mean he did get famous as hell on that look. Also that dude from poison. This only further my stance on the utter versatility of the bandanna.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads