• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buco J-100 received. It's appropriately sized in the back shoulder measurement, I think, but I'm finding the front chest measurement restrictive when zipped – there's resistance if I try to roll my shoulders back. I'm worried that were I to ever return to lifting this may cause the jacket to become unwearable. As I understand it, horsehide doesn't stretch, just breaks in.

What does everyone think?

View attachment 1593237

I looked at this fit real closely (in my glasses, you are welcome) and the jacket sits perfectly on you.

As I said before it now depends on whether you'll wear it if its to constricted.

Also I wonder how often you'll be wearing it closed?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at this fit real closely (in my glasses, you are welcome) and the jacket sits perfectly on you.

As I said before it now depends on whether you'll wear it if its to constricted.

Also I wonder how often you'll be wearing it closed?

All the time, because my fit will be the coldest.

patrickngai

Reaction score
From my experience, I purchased a HH RC A2 pretty tight in the chest and shoulders. People say horsehide doesn’t stretch, but rather it moulds and I have found that to be true. It won’t stretch much, it will just mould. Even though it was quite tight and uncomfortable in the beginning, over the last 4 months with almost daily wear the HH on the A2 really accommodated and moulded to my upper torso and now it’s really comfortable (feels like a shell), but it never really ever becomes loose, just moulded. I would say if you are ready to wear the thing for several months for it to mould to your body, keep it. If you aren’t ready to do that, let it go.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on my fourth horsehide jacket right now and I can confirm it will not stretch. Another consideration is layering, I love to wear leather with a hoodie or really any sweater, cafe racers look great with chunky turtlenecks. If it is too constricting on the chest now it won't get better, I would probably just size up and get the arms shortened if needed.

Regarding just only wearing it open, I only wear my leather jackets open but a constricting chest limits your options still.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dude if you can't move in it though it will be a pain.

I have 2 moto style jackets i wear, RO intarsia which does have tighter shoulders but not to the degree of being incapacitated, my IH has more give. Both jackets can take a thermal or sweater underneath and be comfortable.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude if you can't move in it though it will be a pain.

I have 2 moto style jackets i wear, RO intarsia which does have tighter shoulders but not to the degree of being incapacitated, my IH has more give. Both jackets can take a thermal or sweater underneath and be comfortable.

This is the jacket over a Real McCoy’s 10 oz crewneck sweat.

0A1AB79E-06C4-4684-A8F5-5AA99C0679F4.jpeg
57622FB9-D6BE-43C9-8378-BB1DCECC0BA8.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the RMC J-100, yes

I'm normally a 44 in jackets but went to a 46 in my RMC J-100 to get the chest to fit. It's comfortable now but was WAY too long when I sized up. It actually covered my front pocket (see below).

rmc.jpg

I sent it to Johnson and they took off about 2" and it sits right where I want it now but it was obviously a bit of a hassle. I suspect you may not like the length if you sized up to get a bit more room in the torso.

The HH on these is fantastic. Hope it works out for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads