• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, what do y'all use for conditioning a leather jacket? I was just gonna wipe it down with a wet rag, but I guess I may as well do the whole thing. It's like undyed veg tan so I wasn't sure if anyone has some sort of specific thing they use for this situation.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, what do y'all use for conditioning a leather jacket? I was just gonna wipe it down with a wet rag, but I guess I may as well do the whole thing. It's like undyed veg tan so I wasn't sure if anyone has some sort of specific thing they use for this situation.
This might be helpful, or at least a starting point maybe. He did a good post on his Mister Freedom Campus using Pecards on top of sun tanning

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/p/mf.html

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a chance to wear my FCL more often. I usually just put it one when I ride to work but that’s anywhere from 10-20 minutes away so 40 minutes a day tops. Even still, it’s broken in nicely and has a few wear marks. Plus the guys behind the brand are really cool. I like how they wear their leather jackets with everything from rockabilly to bball hi tops and hoodies.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few more Leon Custom fit photos (UNZIPPED) from our model..

Fine_Creek_Leon_Custom_Horsehide_Jacket_1.3mm_Edition-3.JPG

Fine_Creek_Leon_Custom_Horsehide_Jacket_1.3mm_Edition-6.JPG

Fine_Creek_Leon_Custom_Horsehide_Jacket_1.3mm_Edition-15.JPG

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a thread over on TFL of a guy who is soliciting opinions on the fit of his jacket, an Aero Aeromarine. The responses are very flattering. Frenkly, though, the thing is awful, absolutely awful. I could care less what your particular style orientation is, that fit shouldn't receive a compliment.

Interestingly, there is another thread which is quite intteresting and helpful, depending on how one looks at it. A thread devoted to what people whould have done differently with their first Aero purchase from the hindsight of having all the experience behind them. Suprisingly, for TFL, there are many posters who, in hindsight, would have had nothing to do with Aero had they known then what they know now.

It's an intteresting discussion about patterns and how, notwithstanding actual measurements of a jacket, it can be cut in a way that just hangs differently than other jackets and distributes weight on your body differently.

I've often wondered why certain jackets of mine settle on my body differently than other jackets even though the measurements are virtually identical.

And I agree that that FCL on urbancomposition is very flattering... so much better than that store's model wearing it.

the hindsight thread and the conclusion made me LOL.

here is my hindsight. I ordered an MTO leather jacket only once from TOJ. It fit really well, good weight but I never “loved” the jacket and wore it much. Fast forward to the Vanson Daredevil fiasco which I watched from the side because I chose to buy a Heavy Calf Stooges instead. I just didn’t have the cash for both jackets.

I ended up buying more RO jackets as time went on which I wore more than the TOJ and eventually just sold it.

Later I decided I wanted a nice Moto again and did look into Aero. But the experience with TOJ (which was good) still left me cautious about jacket fit. This time the jacket was going to cost north of 1k for what I wanted.

I grew tired of having to re-sell things that don’t fit (shoes, jackets, etc). I walked into Self Edge and tried the IH moto, fit like a dream, ended up with that.

yes I paid more for the IH but did I save myself a headache with Aero, I believe so.

I wish I had a chance to wear my FCL more often. I usually just put it one when I ride to work but that’s anywhere from 10-20 minutes away so 40 minutes a day tops. Even still, it’s broken in nicely and has a few wear marks. Plus the guys behind the brand are really cool. I like how they wear their leather jackets with everything from rockabilly to bball hi tops and hoodies.

you’ll hate me, my FCL has been laying on a chair in my bedroom.

no reason just cold on SF and been wearing the 316 rough out. I go through these times where I wear the crap out of something then hang it up for a while. I come back to said item later and it’s kind of like getting something new for me but with patina.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a great jacket the pic doesn't do it justice. @UrbanComposition has good fits, see below.

Mine faded like that, haven't worn it in a while though...

This reminded me I wanted that Duke Kahanamoku shirt. So I just ordered it.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
2nd pic looks like the jacket fits well not sure about zipped up but the sleeves and shoulders look good
Thanks this jacket is baggy than what I’m used to . This jacket is size 52 compared to the previous jacket I posted which was size 50 which had a slimmer look

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads