• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

betterusername

Reaction score
Hype man type post...
FFlav.JPG
...for @Zamb 's versatile leather work.

Here's a good chunk of my collection (ranging across jacket / hoodie / blazer / shirt / vest styles):

ZBblueshirt.jpg ZByellowhoodie.jpg ZBpurpleshirt.jpg ZBrustblazer.jpg ZBplumjacket.jpg ZBredshirt.jpg ZBgreenjacket.jpg ZBwhitevest.jpg ZBmaroonshirt.jpg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is very........distinctive looking.

Last edited:

paborden

Reaction score
I've been thinking of picking up a FCL Leon for a little while now and see that they are now offering the Leon in a 1.3mm (below) leather versus the usual 2.0mm.

Does anyone have any idea of how the leather and feel would differ based on thickness and which I should consider? Once we get out of tailoring my knowledge is limitied so apologies if this is a dumb or obvious one lol. The 2.0mm is out of stock everywhere but I'm fine waiting.

1613655376530.png

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of picking up a FCL Leon for a little while now and see that they are now offering the Leon in a 1.3mm (below) leather versus the usual 2.0mm.

Does anyone have any idea of how the leather and feel would differ based on thickness and which I should consider? Once we get out of tailoring my knowledge is limitied so apologies if this is a dumb or obvious one lol. The 2.0mm is out of stock everywhere but I'm fine waiting.

View attachment 1557683
I think the FCL Roberts I have is of similar weight, going off of memory. It still feels good, but it's just not the same weight as the 2 oz stuff they normally make, from feeling both in person. If you want the hefty feel of a heavier jacket, I wouldn't settle for 1.3 mm just because it's the only one you can find. If you live in a warmer climate or just don't want that weight, though, the 1.3 mm is a good choice. One's not better than the other, it just depends.

paborden

Reaction score
Is there any difference on the fading or longevity of the thinner leather? If not I have a feeling the thinner might actually be more versatile and comfortable. Mind you, this will be my first leather jacket and, ideally, only one for awhile.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there any difference on the fading or longevity of the thinner leather? If not I have a feeling the thinner might actually be more versatile and comfortable. Mind you, this will be my first leather jacket and, ideally, only one for awhile.

should just be less stiff and all else equal

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for anyone willing to part with their Joe McCoy Western Roughout in the brown/tan colorway, as I have checked with Real McCoy's and they are sold out of this color in my size. I haven't measurements to refer to, but I am guessing I would be a 42 or 44 in this jacket, more likely a 44.

Please PM me if you are interested in unloading.

27982618_768956999966300_2892502535592330447_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads