• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in FCL news: I heard from Kiya this morning. Sources claim the repair will take 10-20 days max. Then it will be shipped back.

Wf_-xC.gif

schuermang

Reaction score
So now I too have my own leather jacket drama. I previously posted saying I was buying a McCoy’s Disfarmer jacket from Standard and Strange, which ended up being sold out globally. I instead chose to purchase the G1, a gorgeous flight jacket that fit perfectly on me...until I tried zipping it up and the zipper broke in half within minutes of trying it on.

After everything I went through, from buying my first jacket and finding out that it was sold out to now this, I’ve had quite the bit of bad luck. Not only that, but S&S is now on sabbatical until the 24th.

I’ve shipped the jacket back but they’ve been radio silent on their end after 24 hours of reporting the issue. I appreciate them taking a much needed break but I would’ve thought I’d hear something by now. Any advice from the thread that brought us the FCL saga?

Attachments

• 9DD80273-9941-46A0-A196-8B69AFE2D1AB.jpeg
    9DD80273-9941-46A0-A196-8B69AFE2D1AB.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 181

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So now I too have my own leather jacket drama. I previously posted saying I was buying a McCoy’s Disfarmer jacket from Standard and Strange, which ended up being sold out globally. I instead chose to purchase the G1, a gorgeous flight jacket that fit perfectly on me...until I tried zipping it up and the zipper broke in half within minutes of trying it on.

After everything I went through, from buying my first jacket and finding out that it was sold out to now this, I’ve had quite the bit of bad luck. Not only that, but S&S is now on sabbatical until the 24th.

I’ve shipped the jacket back but they’ve been radio silent on their end after 24 hours of reporting the issue. I appreciate them taking a much needed break but I would’ve thought I’d hear something by now. Any advice from the thread that brought us the FCL saga?

I assume you just wait until they get back on the 24th, no?

Lem87

Reaction score

By any chance, did you ship via fedex? I Do know from experience that shipping to california from the midwest takes 2 weeks these days. My returns of an engineer boot and a jacket had me wondering if fedex lost them on 2 separate occasions. Understatesman got his jacket back to japan in far less time.

mozi

Reaction score

Did you really need to ship the entire jacket back?

Broken zipper seems like a DIY fix, or something a tailor could easily and cheaply do for you.
If the zipper is special, could just S&S to send you a new zipper pull.

Seems like sending back a shoe because of a broken shoelace, or a suit because of a broken button.

schuermang

Reaction score
Did you really need to ship the entire jacket back?

Broken zipper seems like a DIY fix, or something a tailor could easily and cheaply do for you.
If the zipper is special, could just S&S to send you a new zipper pull.

Seems like sending back a shoe because of a broken shoelace, or a suit because of a broken button.

They suggested I send it back and included a shipping label, I’m not sure what the next step is there.

Overall I’m just letting my emotions get the better of me right now and should relax, definitely a relatively minor issue that should be quickly resolved.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Any opinions/reviews on Acne Studios leather jackets? I'm eyeing one.

I have two, and had another one that I sold - they were/are all good:
- Nate (lambskin) - my favourite jacket whenever winter comes, this one gets compliments wherever I go, and great quality soft leather. TTS, slightly on the loose side. Had a QC issue with the belt (one of the buttons is stuffed), but I prefer the jacket without the belt anyway.
- Oliver (cow hide) - looked great, pretty heavy and was on the tight side - anything more than a t-shirt was very difficult. Recommend sizing up if you work out.
- Able (cow hide) - good jacket, TTS on the tight side, and (again) pretty heavy.

Note that I bought all of these on sale - would agree with others that full retail price is pretty high for Acne.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure there's just no one there until the 24th if they aren't responding to their chat function. Their customer service is top notch in my experience.

schuermang

Reaction score
Pretty sure there's just no one there until the 24th if they aren't responding to their chat function. Their customer service is top notch in my experience.

For sure, just poor timing unfortunately. Excuse my hot headedness, just felt like venting.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, just poor timing unfortunately. Excuse my hot headedness, just felt like venting.
If it helps, that zipper issue is a super easy fix.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the market for a modestly priced Aero 1950s Half belt in size 38?

Black steerhide horsehide with fleck donegal wool lining

Listed in B&S

Offers welcome etc

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics