• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea, not feeling that combo. Giving me 2010 flashbacks to when people layered weird things together.

That said, agree that Vickt does that denimbro look really well. And if someone asks him why he's wearing a vest over a leather jacket, he should tell them it's cause his fit's too cold.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That vest, leather combo ain’t bad but the dude just looks cool anyway so that probably 80% of it. I don’t think it doesn’t work, especially with the denim bro thing but it’s just a hard balance. I think the only one I’d truly consider is a chimayo vest over a leather jacket with no epaulets. Also the vest would have to be slightly shorter than the jacket.

I like vests over jackets, but generally I choose denim jackets for that look.

Lem87

Reaction score
Eh, I think a leather jacket and vest can totally work as long as the styles are somewhat congruent. These probably aren't "SF" but I think these work well.

View attachment 1491998 View attachment 1491999
...if you think you dont have enough pockets... In my opinion, denim, duck, and leather are all best kept exclusive as far as outerwear goes. Want to rock the denim moto look, go ahead, duck moto, knock yourself out, we have all seen great looking outerwear made of these materials, but topping leather with either seems like a step in the wrong direction. On the other hand, if you're just attempting to avoid strapping a fannie pack around the waist or a motorcycle I see the practical use

Last edited:

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Eh, I think a leather jacket and vest can totally work as long as the styles are somewhat congruent. These probably aren't "SF" but I think these work well.

I personally couldn't imagine it to look anywhere near cool, but those two pictures are the only exception.

Update on my Leon and Delraiser

E9A97645-6543-42C4-8263-3AF088E884C0.jpeg

02899F6B-0190-472B-BE92-F20D36C8CB86.jpeg

67E74FCC-9190-49F2-96FA-35846BFAA044.jpeg

39A860CA-4A96-4DB2-88AB-FA8B5EAFF345.jpeg

not much going on, but the colder weather is ahead so these will be worn a lot more.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally getting cool enough in the Monterey Bay to get some wear on this, Schott/3Sixteen teacore from Self Edge last winter. Wife took this unbeknownst to me but I liked it enough to drop it here.
IMG_2158.jpeg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No experience with these jackets, but came across Iron & Resin's suede truckers, which are only $400.

I'm not as into the ones with snap buttons, as they look a bit too plain to me. Personally think the donut buttons look better, but also find that they can be harder to fasten than snaps. From browsing Iron & Resin's IG, this looks like a perennial design, so maybe they'll restock. Thought I'd post it here in case someone is looking for an inexpensive option.

Highwayman001_1500x2100.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads