• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Halloween my leather jacket-fanatic brothers

I'm Marie Kondo'ing it and gonna let these 2 amazing jackets go, but wanted to open it up here first.

1. FCL Eric size 44. Black Horsehide. I upgraded the front zipper to a 2-way YKK. It's a huge improvement IMO. other than that, worn maybe 2x outside my house.

2. James Grose Avia\tor size 42. Brown Horsehide. Last one from NMWA before it sold out. Only worn inside.

both are in incredible condition and in heavy rotation (hence the sale), great way to get some super hard to find jackets in awesome condition for an outstanding price.

thanks!

PM me for any details/measurements. I'm 5'11 175 and both fit tts on me

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 160

Vickt

Reaction score
Trying out the vest over leather thing. Still not particularly warm... but is the vest now technically the ‘outerwear’, allowing the leather to be zipped??

C5C24C3F-2E25-4016-B78C-D6A374FED401.jpeg

F2ED085A-7DA6-4E5C-9CF5-3AE7626C6355.jpeg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude but to me that looks pretty bad. I don't believe riders look good under vests. I know the dudes in lightning and clutch mag do it all the time with chimayo vests and rocky mountain featherbed vests but I'm not convinced.

If you are cold I would go with a turtleneck then a vest underneath the leather.

Vickt

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for your feedback, however, I am unmoved. Might be one of those things I look back in a few years and think ‘what the hell?’, but I like it for now.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying out the vest over leather thing. Still not particularly warm... but is the vest now technically the ‘outerwear’, allowing the leather to be zipped??

First off, your leather jacket is always allowed to be zipped. If the weather doesn't indicate it, of course it looks good/better open. But to everyone that lives in cold climate, the idea that not zipping / closing a single breasted jacket is the true and only way to go is just silly.

Second, I don't love the look you posted but I don't hate it either. Perhapy try it without the blue shirt, and with the leather jacket zipped? Maybe it's your vest I don't love either. I don't know. The pictures are a bit blury and not framed in a way where I know where not liking the picture ends and not liking the outfit starts.

My verdict (take that lightly cause I'm absolutely no one) is to try again.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vest over leather is a thing? Not vibing with it. But i will say, vickt you do the whole leather denim bro thing extremely well. U look great in it man.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vest look is no bueno...
Put something warmer underneath, and finish that bish off with cool scarf it it's that cold.

Superglu

Reaction score
The lapels clash super hard here, and the general vibe of the vest and the jacket are very far apart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads