• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tidus89

Reaction score
I recently started my leather jacket collection and got me an A2 jacket. As this is my best (and only) leather jacket, I figured it would be fine to post it here.

Would you care to tell me your opinion on the fit?

72A309C1-CD44-43D9-A4A2-49C5848298AD.jpeg E5ABFABF-3A5C-4F4E-83C5-4479BD1005D2.jpeg 3425B26A-B57B-483A-9FE4-2BBD79CA2086.jpeg 0453D74A-46F6-4C4F-9310-747A331C1FA5.jpeg 787B98A6-B50A-49CA-81B9-5670ECF56590.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted a suede all-shearling interior a little while back, really loving it! Thanks for the great feedback. Quick question, I read somewhere online that one should store suede in a garment bag - is what what you all do?

It's an expensive piece, so I want to be extra careful, which is the one downside, I'm skittish about wearing it, even check the weather report, etc, haha.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted a suede all-shearling interior a little while back, really loving it! Thanks for the great feedback. Quick question, I read somewhere online that one should store suede in a garment bag - is what what you all do?

It's an expensive piece, so I want to be extra careful, which is the one downside, I'm skittish about wearing it, even check the weather report, etc, haha.
I wear my suede trucker in the rain, at work, and it's gotten better with every grease spot and stain. YMMV of course.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't store mine in garment bags, but I take care to not store them next to waxed cotton jackets, as suede is absorbant and will darken if it picks up the oils from waxed cotton.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you care to tell me your opinion on the fit?

I don't dislike it but I don't think it's perfect. The sleeves, collar, waist and torso measurements seem good but the shoulders are very wide and the chest is a bit loose.

Don't know if a different size would fit better, or if the solution is to either embrace it or obsessively build up your chest and shoulders at the gym.

Maybe try a size down and see if you like it better? Remember that the number one fan of that jacket has to be you anyway, so take my input with a grain of salt.

tidus89

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the impression that the jacket is too long in the torso. Also, as you said, shoulders and breast are too wide. Sleeves could be a tiny bit longer, so they don't roll up when I bend my arms. And I feel like it does nothing for my figure and it could be narrower in the waist area.

However, I can't give it back as it's MTO. But I didn't pay much, so that's ok with me.

The next jacket will be an Aero Cafe Racer with brown CXFQHH and I hope I'm going to nail the fit there. Not really sure about the length yet, but I feel like a Cafe Racer should go just over the belt?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. I have the impression that the jacket is too long in the torso. Also, as you said, shoulders and breast are too wide. Sleeves could be a tiny bit longer, so they don't roll up when I bend my arms. And I feel like it does nothing for my figure and it could be narrower in the waist area.

However, I can't give it back as it's MTO. But I didn't pay much, so that's ok with me.

The next jacket will be an Aero Cafe Racer with brown CXFQHH and I hope I'm going to nail the fit there. Not really sure about the length yet, but I feel like a Cafe Racer should go just over the belt?

That jacket seems OK to me. The fit seems right. It's a conservative style and has a slightly rounded silhouette, but that's the nature of A2s in that kind of make. I have one in my closet and admit I don't wear it very often for that reason, but it's also useful when you want to look low key. A friend of mine recently sent me a photo of him wearing an A-2 from Willis & Geiger. I thought he looked great.

Yours looks a bit long in the torso, but some guys don't like the original A-2 cut, as they feel it's too short and doesn't properly cover their shirt/ waistline. I think it's just a matter of taste.

I think the fit you posted looks nice, but if it were me, I would change the green shirt for a black sweatshirt. Maybe play around with different knits. Or, at least, unbutton the top two buttons on that shirt to make it look more casual.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was walking through an open-air shopping mall today on my way to an optical place and as I walked by a girl's clothing store the greeter outside complimented my FCL. This was literally the first time I've worn this in public (waiting for it to be cool here in Texas).

"I like your jacket," she said as I passed by.

FCL Roberts, ftw.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was walking through an open-air shopping mall today on my way to an optical place and as I walked by a girl's clothing store the greeter outside complimented my FCL. This was literally the first time I've worn this in public (waiting for it to be cool here in Texas).

"I like your jacket," she said as I passed by.

FCL Roberts, ftw.

OMG. For realz? And she didn't ask why you were wearing a leather bib?? I guess I too need to get a Roberts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads