• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we all love horse hide but I gotta be honest, lamb and calf are really dope too. Sometimes I don't want stiff armor.

know how you feel. I’ve been going with the Todd Snyder suede trucker over my HH jackets. We had some beautifully cool weather then it hit 80 and humid again this week.

Sorry for the bad pictures, but I got to try on the Butterscotch x Addict collab today. That’s a size 40. After getting a feel for it and trying it on, I put down the deposit. Can’t wait for January. ?
** Edit: Any input on the fit and sizing? The size 40 felt very good. Just wondering if I should size up to a 42.
View attachment 1467914

View attachment 1467916
Dude that looks fantastic!

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feedback. This will be my first properly fitting leather jacket and I honestly love everything about it. It’s definitely my biggest clothing purchase ever so I’ll be wearing it for years and years and years. The only thing I don’t like about the jacket is having to wait until January.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here’s some fit pics of the TFH Delraiser in a 44. Still pretty stiff right now.

for reference I’m 6’0 195

feedback is appreciated!
FC338348-FEA9-4945-9A01-E030CD586C60.jpeg

1FF5932C-5A2F-4F3B-8033-DD53ACFBA202.jpeg

C8311E0B-8981-4CF5-A640-C23CC5ED688E.jpeg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is actually a surprisingly good fit for the jacket as I have a similar build and would have thought TFH jacket would fit super small similar to their other clothing. Thats going to be killer with some wear on it!

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
That is actually a surprisingly good fit for the jacket as I have a similar build and would have thought TFH jacket would fit super small similar to their other clothing. Thats going to be killer with some wear on it!

Thanks! my two complaints really are 1. it is kind of full up top because of the wider frame and 2. the stiffness of it (but not really a complaint considering that it is brand new and requires a lot of break in to soften. I'm sure once this happens the upper portion, as well as everywhere else, will fall/lay accordingly)

I'm a new leather jacket owner so any tips besides wearing it daily to soften is much appreciated. I've owned a John Elliott Rider jacket but that leather was already soft to begin with.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TFH Delraiser is probably the nicest leather jacket I have ever owned. The leather beats anything else I've had (FCL,Addict, 9L) Unfortunately the fit didn't work out for me, but the leather does indeed soften and become super comfortable rather quickly. I got a ton of compliments on it too. Sorta wished I held onto it.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man that's a perfect fit.

Sorry for the bad pictures, but I got to try on the Butterscotch x Addict collab today. That’s a size 40. After getting a feel for it and trying it on, I put down the deposit. Can’t wait for January. ?
** Edit: Any input on the fit and sizing? The size 40 felt very good. Just wondering if I should size up to a 42.
View attachment 1467914

View attachment 1467916

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Man that's a perfect fit.
Thanks! I don’t know how I’m gonna handle waiting until January. I bought a Dehen shawl cardigan on sale at Butterscotch to hold me over until then. I know it’s not the same, but those Dehen Shawl cardigans are built like tanks.

gogkev

Reaction score
1. The wide shoulders on Flat Jackets do soften and become less pointy, as you can see from pics of them worn in (I’ve previously posted some as well).

2. I’ve worn mine in some light rain — seemed to help soften them. But yeah, just wearing it a lot will make it yield eventually.

Thanks! my two complaints really are 1. it is kind of full up top because of the wider frame and 2. the stiffness of it (but not really a complaint considering that it is brand new and requires a lot of break in to soften. I'm sure once this happens the upper portion, as well as everywhere else, will fall/lay accordingly)

I'm a new leather jacket owner so any tips besides wearing it daily to soften is much appreciated. I've owned a John Elliott Rider jacket but that leather was already soft to begin with.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
1. The wide shoulders on Flat Jackets do soften and become less pointy, as you can see from pics of them worn in (I’ve previously posted some as well).

2. I’ve worn mine in some light rain — seemed to help soften them. But yeah, just wearing it a lot will make it yield eventually.

just saw after searching. Man, i love this jacket even more now knowing what it'll look like in the long run. Thanks for that'

Yea, you just have to beat it a little.

LOL

Last edited:

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer @d4nimal ok guys so I checked out the FCL Roberts and I wasn’t a big fan of it IRL TBH.

1. leather and liner felt very thin to me. I understand it’s a lighter jacket but for comparison my IH is heavier and I dig that.

2. the body felt like I was wearing a tube, the jacket was very tight in size 38 around my shoulder and chest but body felt loose. The size 40 I sank in.

So I gotta ask: What shoulder width do you normally prefer in a leather jacket? I'm perfect right around 17" across so the Roberts has me super interested. Also, how were the arm and wrist dimensions? Slimmish?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself torn between the Iron Heart Black Battle Horsehide and the FCL Roberts. Anyone wanna add their two cents? I'm not sure I'd like the shoulder gussets on the Iron Heart because they'd just give me more fabric to swim around in back there. And 2mm horsehide in Texas might not be so versatile.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself torn between the Iron Heart Black Battle Horsehide and the FCL Roberts. Anyone wanna add their two cents? I'm not sure I'd like the shoulder gussets on the Iron Heart because they'd just give me more fabric to swim around in back there. And 2mm horsehide in Texas might not be so versatile.
I mean, I obviously like the Roberts, but they're two very different jackets to me. The Roberts seems a lot lighter, esp considering the IH heavy flannel lining though I haven't handled it in person. I can't see how that's workable in Texas, but that's just me. The Roberts is more like a light layer and the design is more uncommon vs. the IH as well. I'd say it's slightly less versatile, but in real world practice I doubt it really makes any difference.

Also, SE is doing 15% off the store starting tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads