• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lem87

Reaction score
mild creasing as expected, nothing out of the ordinary. i am happy w/it. I basically wore it non stop for a year until the FCL leon came in then wore that non stop for a while and recently pulled the IH out again it was like a new jacket.
Sorry about the header there. That was meant for another threadpost to someone else. I have since removed it from my post to you.

I ask because I went ahead and got one. I tried the medium and didnt like all the extra sleeve stacking at the shoulder considering how much freedom the back panels give it. I sent it back for that reason among others. Wound up sizing down. The only thing I dont like is the fact that every zipper but the main set is a somewhat more snag damage, vulnerable ring on chain style set of zippers.

On the plus side, I love how functional the back and arm pit paneling is and how it really allows for even more comfort than I was hoping for in a closer fit.. The shoulders to elbow are perfect. The shoulders are broader than usual even in the smaller sizes it seems, which is what I need. The length of the cuff even has a bit more than an inch to spare of which I have been given the idea will eventually be eaten up as creases settle into the arms but ill see about that later

Having a neck tab I can button back feels great as its usually something I have found to be annoying when breaking in heavier leather in this style before. Ironheart thought of something small that I really appreciate there. Then, there is the hem to neck double zipper that makes the collar tab forgettable in the first place.

Very happy with the jacket in size 36 small at 5"11 170 lbs 41 chest. This one is closer fitting for milder cool temperatures during those months here in the midwest. I intend to wear it with short sleeves as I dont know how much more the forearms are going to loosen up at the cuffs. They have a relatively smaller circumference to contend with on wide wrists but are manageable by keeping the sleeves unzipped. Maybe that will resolve itself if the creases really do shrink the arm length up by another inch atleast.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200921_181215.jpg

Got to wear it twice, gonna be warm again tomorrow so back on the hangar it goes

Even managed to wear it into work
IMG_20200921_153346.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry about the header there. That was meant for another threadpost to someone else. I have since removed it from my post to you.

I ask because I went ahead and got one. I tried the medium and didnt like all the extra sleeve stacking at the shoulder considering how much freedom the back panels give it. I sent it back for that reason among others. Wound up sizing down. The only thing I dont like is the fact that every zipper but the main set is a somewhat more snag damage, vulnerable ring on chain style set of zippers.

On the plus side, I love how functional the back and arm pit paneling is and how it really allows for even more comfort than I was hoping for in a closer fit.. The shoulders to elbow are perfect. The shoulders are broader than usual even in the smaller sizes it seems, which is what I need. The length of the cuff even has a bit more than an inch to spare of which I have been given the idea will eventually be eaten up as creases settle into the arms but ill see about that later

Having a neck tab I can button back feels great as its usually something I have found to be annoying when breaking in heavier leather in this style before. Ironheart thought of something small that I really appreciate there. Then, there is the hem to neck double zipper that makes the collar tab forgettable in the first place.

Very happy with the jacket in size 36 small at 5"11 170 lbs 41 chest. This one is closer fitting for milder cool temperatures during those months here in the midwest. I intend to wear it with short sleeves as I dont know how much more the forearms are going to loosen up at the cuffs. They have a relatively smaller circumference to contend with on wide wrists but are manageable by keeping the sleeves unzipped. Maybe that will resolve itself if the creases really do shrink the arm length up by another inch atleast.

wear in good
The uglier shoes my doctor has on, the more faith I have in their medical abilities

The sign of a top-class medical professional:

rI2opKt.jpg

? I’m dead

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the bathroom, you say? Does this mean you're about to do the Leather Jacket Quick Break In Process™? ?

Nah, got to get back to meetings. :cool:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads