• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is in chaos. However, my packages have been delivered.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To keep or not to keep, that is the question.

I picked up this practically unworn FCL James as it was a great deal. I'm not really into black leather jackets although I do have a three motorcycle jackets in black (as that is what they come in) and one black nubuck rabbit fur lined coat.

My selfie camera sucks but I tried to take some with the FCL James with the camera wedged in my shoe closet. I also took come comparison pictures with my beloved eight year old Himel Brothers Kensington. The reason for this it that the Kensington fit tight in the arms and slim in the body so the fit is very similar to this one when it was new. The FCL is a much softer, less stiff HH so I'm sure it will patina much faster.

I have gotten offers on here for the FCL of I choose not to keep it so I can get my money back. That being said, it is a nice jacket and I'll never get a price like that again on a new FCL. I recently bought a brown FCL Leon and I have a Himel Imperial on order. All these are brown jackets though so this one, even though a similar style to the Imperial, is is still quite different and the Imperial is a medium brown.

Anyway, would love your thoughts on fit and if I should keep.

View attachment 1421570 View attachment 1421571 View attachment 1421572 View attachment 1421573

I think it looks good. If you didn’t already have other leather jackets you like more then I’d say keep it. But, honestly, how often will you reach for this one out of your closet when there are others you seem to prefer?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good. If you didn’t already have other leather jackets you like more then I’d say keep it. But, honestly, how often will you reach for this one out of your closet when there are others you seem to prefer?

Good question. Since I don't have any other black leather that may be a lot as it is the only one, or it just sits as I'm not feeling black. Who knows.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have the brown FCL, right? What are the other ones you purchased recently?

Recently? Just the brown FCL and a Himel that is being made.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FCL jacket looks a bit too small for some reason. Maybe the shoulders?

Himel cafe racer looks too short in the sleeves.

Personally like how a black cafe racer looks on you better than a brown one though.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FCL jacket looks a bit too small for some reason. Maybe the shoulders?

Himel cafe racer looks too short in the sleeves.

Personally like how a black cafe racer looks on you better than a brown one though.

The Himel was perfect when I got it but the creasing in the elbow bend ended up shortening the sleeves 3/4". Lesson learned.

When have you seen my in a black cafe racer or are you just speaking generally?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Himel was perfect when I got it but the creasing in the elbow bend ended up shortening the sleeves 3/4". Lesson learned.

When have you seen my in a black cafe racer?

Sorry, lazy typing. Just meant that between those two jackets you posted, I like the color black on you better. Not necessarily the cut or style, just the color.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, lazy typing. Just meant that between those two jackets you posted, I like the color black on you better. Not necessarily the cut or style, just the color.

Got it. It goes with my sexy dark complexion.

I think black makes me look a bit guido so I always do brown. I don't really wear black shoes either. Browns and tans are much more interesting to me.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I ended up keeping the fit jacket that Aero sent me. I really like the fit and the leather. One knock against the Vicenza is that in low/artificial light it looks pretty dull and flat, but then in brighter natural light it looks bonkers (in a good way)! I think the cut/pattern (PHWM) is bit tubular/football shaped on me, but I think my own shape (narrow-ish shoulders + dad bod) exacerbates that feature.

On that note, though, I'd like to ask: I'm wondering if (on some future jacket...) sizing up in the chest/shoulders with a taper toward the waist would give me a better shape without swallowing me up? Or in other words, do you think I could get away with slightly wider shoulder length? Am I over thinking this? Haha. Anyway...thanks for all the help on this! I'm now a crazy person walking around my house at all hours in a leather jacket in the middle of July!

IMG_2726-1.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2735.jpg
    IMG_2735.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you were to crop that slightly (not that exact jacket but the pattern) and taper the waist slightly would shape up i think.

i liked that jacket on you before, still looks good.

mykii2704

Reaction score
I am the one who got cold feet. I've heard that USPS international shipping is in chaos right now and that there's a high risk of packages getting lost.

Anyone else heard something about this?

I just shipped a package abroad using USPS that spent 3.5 weeks sitting at JFK with no movement. Now it has been shipped to the other side of the destination country, but still thousands of miles from its intended destination. Would normally take 1.5 weeks start to finish. Go figure.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to mix things up from the traditional jackets here. Not for everyone's taste -

Leon Emanuel Blanck fencing jacket

I was on the fence (pun intended) on getting it and now, on keeping it. I can't really return it though.

20200714_204414.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads