• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

Yeah too bad everyone can't be like the fanboys over in the NMWA thread and buy everything you guys put out in a heartbeat without question. :nest:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol I am guilty^

Greg has a point though. Babying leather jackets makes the hobby not fun. I’ve stressed enough about greasy collars, front creases, and stretched shoulders. Before the internet did anyone even notice this stuff?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I am guilty^

Greg has a point though. Babying leather jackets makes the hobby not fun. I’ve stressed enough about greasy collars, front creases, and stretched shoulders. Before the internet did anyone even notice this stuff?

How are your specially made for leather jackets Aero hangers working out? ?

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are your specially made for leather jackets Aero hangers working out? ?
They do what they say! But I notice they put a lot of stress on the shoulders. It stretched them a little. I’ve come to the conclusion hanging jackets comes at a cost one way or another.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do what they say! But I notice they put a lot of stress on the shoulders. It stretched them a little. I’ve come to the conclusion hanging jackets comes at a cost one way or another.

Solution: buy only leather jackets or hangers or both from NMWA.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

Yeah too bad everyone can't be like the fanboys over in the NMWA thread and buy everything you guys put out in a heartbeat without question. :nest:
whoa tell me how you really feel? You do sound as badass as ponyhair panels on a horse leather jacket !

I hope you realize the extreme irony of your comment in the thread that may be the biggest echo chamber in all of SF

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Solution: buy only leather jackets or hangers or both from NMWA.
Could do worse. But yeah personal style and all that. In fairness, nmwa puts out the coolest stuff this side of CHCM. Plus the customer engagement - I can’t really think of a better retailer. Although I do like Moda Operandi cuz it’s such a clusterfuck and I can find cool things at 91% off @steveoffice @kindofyoung :)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg, seriously, I really like NMWA and what you've done with it. And you seem like a great guy as well. But going in and ******** on peoples views in another thread when they are contrary to a product that you are currently pushing is a bit, well, below what I am expecting of you. Also, I just don't see the point of doing so.

Just my 2 cents.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg, seriously, I really like NMWA and what you've done with it. And you seem like a great guy as well. But going in and ******** on peoples views in another thread when they are contrary to a product that you are currently pushing is a bit, well, below what I am expecting of you.

Just my 2 cents.
lol who is ******** on who? You're the one who started the hostilities - I just made a joke about babying leather jackets and you made it a personal attack somehow

And I'm not pushing any product - I'm not even the one who posted it. Getting this jacket reissued has been a pain in ****** and required repreated begging - I don't want to sell it, it's literally a service to our customers. People have been requesting for 4 years to get it reissued. We're probably going to sell 8 of them - do you really think I care? You're delusional.

If you don't like the atmosphere and friendly tone in our thread, stay the f out of it

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol who is ******** on who? You're the one who started the hostilities - I just made a joke about babying leather jackets and you made it a personal attack somehow

And I'm not pushing any product - I'm not even the one who posted it. Getting this jacket reissued has been a pain in ****** and required repreated begging - I don't want to sell it. People have been moaning for 4 years to get it reissued. We're probably going to sell 8 of them - do you really think I care? You're delusional.

Ok fine. My bad then. Carry on.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the setting. To me it looks very western and something that an old trapper/gold miner would wear coming in from the Montana winter.

The shearling looks like something you would wear to a furry party.

And I'm not pushing any product - I'm not even the one who posted it. Getting this jacket reissued has been a pain in ****** and required repreated begging - I don't want to sell it, it's literally a service to our customers. People have been requesting for 4 years to get it reissued. We're probably going to sell 8 of them - do you really think I care? You're delusional.

If you don't like the atmosphere and friendly tone in our thread, stay the f out of it

Speaking of pushing product, are you planning to do a MTO or regular run of the Grose lunch jacket in nappa brown leather again? I think you did it for last fall or maybe the one before, but it was never a stock item as far as I could tell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads