• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea I know but what if he is my style icon?

Thanks - fit is so good I'm having a hard time justifying passing on it and gambling on taking a size larger in the Eric to try and get the same general fit. This AM I'm talking myself into the economics of buying this, seeing how I like it over the next season and then hopefully one day being able to just go to NY to try on an Eric in person down the road if I decide this one isn't for me. But every few hours I think I've figured it out for sure and then completely change my mind.

@sinnedk I'm shocked and hurt you have not chimed in with your 2c.

apologies was not checking SF.

The jacket looks like it fits well, I am not a fan of the flaps from the dress shirt so maybe avoid that otherwise it’s a winner.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks - fit is so good I'm having a hard time justifying passing on it and gambling on taking a size larger in the Eric to try and get the same general fit. This AM I'm talking myself into the economics of buying this, seeing how I like it over the next season and then hopefully one day being able to just go to NY to try on an Eric in person down the road if I decide this one isn't for me. But every few hours I think I've figured it out for sure and then completely change my mind.

Well, as long as you like the styling (and obviously, I do), the Roberts fits so well it is hard to pass up. No guarantee the Eric will fit as well (the Roberts is designed for a closer fit I think).

I think the Eric is a recurring style, do not believe the Roberts is (however, I might be completely wrong about that).

Nykwil

Reaction score
For the FCL fanbois

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the FCL fanbois

It's a good deal and my size. Too bad it is probably their worst model (besides the bib model) and I have two new jackets. That being said, I still PMd on it because I have a problem.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good deal and my size. Too bad it is probably their worst model (besides the bib model) and I have two new jackets. That being said, I still PMd on it because I have a problem.

Of course he took my low ball offer. I'm going to end up looking like a leather fetish master. Need to unfollow this thread.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
apologies was not checking SF.

The jacket looks like it fits well, I am not a fan of the flaps from the dress shirt so maybe avoid that otherwise it’s a winner.

Well, as long as you like the styling (and obviously, I do), the Roberts fits so well it is hard to pass up. No guarantee the Eric will fit as well (the Roberts is designed for a closer fit I think).

I think the Eric is a recurring style, do not believe the Roberts is (however, I might be completely wrong about that).

I just decided to end all the rumination and go back w/ a less flappy outfit today (it's summer, @sinnedk gimme a break) so I could see how I felt with it on again and stop making pro/cons lists.

Knew immediately - bought it.

:fistbump:

Thanks to all for your advice, and to Luke at F&P for following this thread without judging me.

@Patek congrats on the purchase. Saw it on FDL (and I think eBay previously). I think it'll grow on you. In no time, I'll have you in a bib.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just decided to end all the rumination and go back w/ a less flappy outfit today (it's summer, @sinnedk gimme a break) so I could see how I felt with it on again and stop making pro/cons lists.

Thanks to all for your advice, and to Luke at F&P for following this thread without judging me.

@Patek congrats on the purchase. Saw it on FDL (and I think eBay previously). I think it'll grow on you. In no time, I'll have you in a bib.

Congrats mate! Now, when will you get that tiger cub delivered?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! Congrats.

As far as the James, if it doesn't work for me, I'm pretty sure I can get back what I paid.

rodgers12

Reaction score
Got this Valstar shearling for 50% off ?

Attachments

• 2144DC1F-8669-4138-BA70-318806D6F730.jpeg
    2144DC1F-8669-4138-BA70-318806D6F730.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 89

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics