• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Crap, that's what I thought too. And I can't believe you didn't even tell me to unzip it.

I think band collar cafe racers are pretty easy to wear and look good on almost everyone. They're like A-2s.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I just didn't know how I felt about the bib and the stripes, but in real life I don't find them to be all that eye-catching (in a good way).

Oh whoops, I didn't realize that was the bib version. I thought it was a basic black cafe racer with a band collar.

Hm, still don't know how I feel about that bib version. Feel like I go back and forth.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh whoops, I didn't realize that was the bib version. I thought it was a basic black cafe racer with a band collar.

Hm, still don't know how I feel about that bib version. Feel like I go back and forth.
Yeah same, which is why I was surprised I didn't mind it on me at first blush.

fine-creek-and-co-roberts-leather-jacket-1_600x600@2x.jpg
Not my fit but I like that look and break in.

crop.jpg
Here's a little brighter pic on me but doesn't look as boxy in real life. There's no pulling but just room for a tee/light shirt under.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah same, which is why I was surprised I didn't mind it on me at first blush.

View attachment 1418297
Not my fit but I like that look and break in.

View attachment 1418299
Here's a little brighter pic on me but doesn't look as boxy in real life. There's no pulling but just room for a tee/light shirt under.

Wear this as a graphic tee underneath so it looks like your body is a pod door.

merlin_137951508_848022bd-19dc-40e4-89ce-3ab3b3c24847-superJumbo.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bro that looks fantastic. I ordered a 42 which is a size down from my Eric, hope it works.

I would kop if I were you (well, I guess I did).

verver

Reaction score
Fit looks good. But personally not a fan of the bib front and racer stripe detail on sleeves. But if u don’t mind it, fit looks good and price is right.
what r the glasses, btw

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear this as a graphic tee underneath so it looks like your body is a pod door.
I swear I keep trying to watch this movie and can't get all the way to whatever scene this is from.

Bro that looks fantastic. I ordered a 42 which is a size down from my Eric, hope it works.

I would kop if I were you (well, I guess I did).

Thanks! Giving it the evening to mull it over. The issue is that I know I can't have both, so if I buy the Roberts, that's it.

Fit looks good. But personally not a fan of the bib front and racer stripe detail on sleeves. But if u don’t mind it, fit looks good and price is right.
what r the glasses, btw

Thanks for the honest feedback. The glasses are a Japanese brand, Yellows Plus. I'd say comparable to Eyevan etc. Also, they're totally cool for non-Asian people to wear as well, which is why they put it in the name.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear I keep trying to watch this movie and can't get all the way to whatever scene this is from.

Thanks! Giving it the evening to mull it over. The issue is that I know I can't have both, so if I buy the Roberts, that's it.

Thanks for the honest feedback. The glasses are a Japanese brand, Yellows Plus. I'd say comparable to Eyevan etc. Also, they're totally cool for non-Asian people to wear as well, which is why they put it in the name.

Ya fit looks good. But it's a hard pass on that bib and race stripe. I think those features give of this kind of vibe
a4yLaSfBJKjXtpcQHKBHdOH31mO912SgdLJiqYS9oPY.jpeg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing I have to choose one, I'm still leaning towards just getting the Eric at some point (in a size larger). But thanks for the feedback all.

Yeah, if they had the Leon in my size and that discount, I would be all over it.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya fit looks good. But it's a hard pass on that bib and race stripe. I think those features give of this kind of vibe View attachment 1418341

Yea I know but what if he is my style icon?

@d4nimal - fit wise I think it’s perfect man.

Thanks - fit is so good I'm having a hard time justifying passing on it and gambling on taking a size larger in the Eric to try and get the same general fit. This AM I'm talking myself into the economics of buying this, seeing how I like it over the next season and then hopefully one day being able to just go to NY to try on an Eric in person down the road if I decide this one isn't for me. But every few hours I think I've figured it out for sure and then completely change my mind.

@sinnedk I'm shocked and hurt you have not chimed in with your 2c.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I know but what if he is my style icon?

Thanks - fit is so good I'm having a hard time justifying passing on it and gambling on taking a size larger in the Eric to try and get the same general fit. This AM I'm talking myself into the economics of buying this, seeing how I like it over the next season and then hopefully one day being able to just go to NY to try on an Eric in person down the road if I decide this one isn't for me. But every few hours I think I've figured it out for sure and then completely change my mind.

@sinnedk I'm shocked and hurt you have not chimed in with your 2c.

Mine too of course. But we just can't pull off that style. Only Jeff can. We're too far down the style food chain...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads