• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The design isn't as interesting to me at all as the material. It just seems like it would be a challenge to physically have on, no matter how it looks.
As far as I know, shell isn't naturally large enough to be able to make jackets without having a ton of paneling. A lot of paneling in a jacket = usually very ugly.

imagine just wearing panels of horse butt all over your body

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imagine just wearing panels of horse butt all over your body

Screenshot_20200702-173324_Chrome.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Franklin and Poe's 25% off coupon SPARKLER2020 applies to their outerwear, including FCL. That's the no star in 44 and Roberts 38 and 42 at like $500 off.

I still can't tell if I like the Roberts or not but that price is bananas.

Yeah, too bad I just bought a brown Leon and there is no Roberts in 44.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Black Bear Brand roughout suede jacket looks really cool, but the ~brand story~ is really obnoxious

Standard Of The West
Black Bear Brand has been part of the Pacific Northwest landscape for over 100 years.
We are the cowboy, we are the biker, we are the artist, we are the adventurer; and we require a deep connection with everything we invite into our lives.

Black Bear Brand ~ A Bear For Wear

D13EbZ4.jpg

H2PBkDq.jpg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Black Bear Brand roughout suede jacket looks really cool, but the ~brand story~ is really obnoxious

Standard Of The West
Black Bear Brand has been part of the Pacific Northwest landscape for over 100 years.
We are the cowboy, we are the biker, we are the artist, we are the adventurer; and we require a deep connection with everything we invite into our lives.

Black Bear Brand ~ A Bear For Wear

D13EbZ4.jpg

H2PBkDq.jpg
A little cringe-y but no one will ever know aside from you. I have/had the same minor issue with some other brands, but as long as they're not Nazis or something, at the end of the day does it really matter?

I've been digging the stuff Black Bear Brand has been showing lately as well. Their indigo Y2 collab looks pretty cool to me, if a bit specific in taste.

BlackBear-Brand+2669+F_V1+SQ (1).jpg

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little cringe-y but no one will ever know aside from you. I have/had the same minor issue with some other brands, but as long as they're not Nazis or something, at the end of the day does it really matter?

I've been digging the stuff Black Bear Brand has been showing lately as well. Their indigo Y2 collab looks pretty cool to me, if a bit specific in taste.

View attachment 1417260

Love the leather and collar. The placket/zipper/button combo is too fussy for me

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I love those hookless zipper grommets.

Is this Vicenza? Blackened brown or pure black?
What's your back length and height if you don't mind?

Jacket looks awesome on you, the grain and creases in the sleeves look awesome!

Thanks buddy.

Its standard black CXL FQHH. I am about 6'1'' and 183 lbs.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I stopped into Franklin and Poe to try on the Roberts real quick, but mostly to get a sense of sizing and see if they're getting any new models later (they are) as I have been thinking I want the Eric after seeing it on @Newcomer or getting a MF black Stallion jacket.

I don't think I really liked the Roberts when I first saw it - seemed like it might be a little too motorcycle racery to me at first. However, I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did when I put it on. This is a 38, to which I learned fits a little larger than models like the Leon. It's stiff but lighter weight than the Leon as well. What do you guys think?

IMG_6523.JPG

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads