• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the color almost oxblood/cordovan rather than brown?

So, trying to deal with a cellphone camera is always difficult as it wants to "enhance" the picture for you. For instance, I did not really notice the tiger stripes until I looked at the picture where they are a bit more exaggerated. My phone is a few years old and Motorola is not known for having the best cameras. I do need to upgrade this year (I work for the parent company which is why I have a Moto).

Anyway, I tried to take some sunlight pictures to better show the color, but it is hard. There is a reddish undertone--especially in the sun but it is not at the #8 level.I think the second picture is the most accurate.

IMG_20200601_115041423.jpg
IMG_20200601_115056314.jpg

This was my attempt at the sleeve and the camera thought "lets go crazy with the red". Not really this red, closer to the above pic. 70 degrees today so WFH with this bad boy on.

IMG_20200601_115012734_HDR.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Patek i have those same tiger stripes but much harder to see on black.

Its a great jacket and pretty much only leather i wear now.

Once the FCL Roberts makes it in my inventory i might purge a bunch of leather jackets.

Part of me doesn't mind having a variety of leather jackets and part of me does want to purge so i do not waste closet space.

Also i am at the point of my life where i can just buy something and not over think it. Not that i am not conscious of the price and how expensive an item is, i certainly factor that in. But I'm decent with finances where i can splurge in one category but skimp in something else.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patek. Did you go up one size for the FCL? Is your typical US size a 42?

I'm a typical 44 but I sometimes size down if I'm dealing with some American brands and "vanity sizing". For instance my Fox Creek Leathers which I use for actual riding are 42L. I assume those are built for biker bods.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a typical 44 but I sometimes size down if I'm dealing with some American brands and "vanity sizing". For instance my Fox Creek Leathers which I use for actual riding are 42L. I assume those are built for biker bods.
Thanks. Your FCL Leon is a 44, correct? Looks great.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Your FCL Leon is a 44, correct? Looks great.

Yes it is. That is my sport coat size too. I tend to be between a L and XL depending on the brand but usually go with L.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I love those guys at FDL. Just some nerdery joshing. That poster's fit pics and measurements of all his jackets are such a cool resource.

Also, I can't afford most of those.

I hear you, :cheers:. I feel the same. Are you referring to that Carlos guy? Amazing resource especially if you are his size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads