• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooh that looks nice, I usually don't like that back but in this case it isn't too bad.

I noticed you don't like any sports jackets back. I'm assuming you don't like the scallops or is it the pull tabs? I was tempted to order my Himel with just a plan back but decided against it for the classic look.

Is a plan back your preference? Just curious.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my FCL double rider brown today. Sorry about the crappy pictures, but I just had a minute so snap a couple bathroom pics.

Not sure if the sleeves are too short and when zipped up, the chest wants to bunch up. I think that would be taken care of with a proper break-in but the sleeves I want feedback on.

I think the shoulders fit good and I'll try to take some better pictures this weekend, I just.

Leather is beautiful, check out the closeup of the back panel.

IMG_20200529_155910825.jpg
IMG_20200529_155931186.jpg
IMG_20200529_161322615.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves look fine, but need better pics

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves look fine, but need better pics

Raining cats and dogs now. I'll get some this weekend.

Now to go throw myself down the stairs in this thing or maybe go for a walk in the rain.

The arms are a little tight but I know that will create some amazing patina with the bending and folding that will happen there.

The sleeves are too short for motorcycle riding but that is not the intention of this jacket so I guess I'm fine.

Last edited:

skyfall

Reaction score
Ooh that looks nice, I usually don't like that back but in this case it isn't too bad.
I noticed you don't like any sports jackets back. I'm assuming you don't like the scallops or is it the pull tabs? I was tempted to order my Himel with just a plan back but decided against it for the classic look.

Yeah most 30s aviator jacket repros have a scalloped/ cathedral back but the back on this one looks much cleaner

skyfall

Reaction score
Raining cats and dogs now. I'll get some this weekend.

Now to go throw myself down the stairs in this thing or maybe go for a walk in the rain.

The arms are a little tight but I know that will create some amazing patina with the bending and folding that will happen there.

The sleeves are too short for motorcycle riding but that is not the intention of this jacket so I guess I'm fine.
Whats your weight and height? I have a size 44 on order too

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just dont like when there is too much darting or worse when they leave it looking flabby

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 2.30.17 PM.png

I received my FCL double rider brown today. Sorry about the crappy pictures, but I just had a minute so snap a couple bathroom pics.

Not sure if the sleeves are too short and when zipped up, the chest wants to bunch up. I think that would be taken care of with a proper break-in but the sleeves I want feedback on.

I think the shoulders fit good and I'll try to take some better pictures this weekend, I just.

Leather is beautiful, check out the closeup of the back panel.

View attachment 1397484 View attachment 1397485 View attachment 1397486

looks like my black one after a bunch of wear though, looks good imo

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are surprisingly almost no pictures of this pre-Japanese systematic break in, so thank you for this. I think it looks good, also. Please buy me one.

Yeah, under the right light it looks like they skinned a tiger for this. Not sure if the brown is their personal tanning mix or if it is Shinki as some here have said. I have another Shinki hh jacket and it looks nothing like this.

By the way, no inside pocket on this jacket is disappointing. I know pockets cost money but for $2k, it would be nice to have a place to throw a wallet or cell phone.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patek - is it the Leon? that style fits tight in the chest when worn zipped up and mine fits the same as yours. Unzipped, it's super comfortable IMO.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Patek - is it the Leon? that style fits tight in the chest when worn zipped up and mine fits the same as yours. Unzipped, it's super comfortable IMO.

Yes, it's the Leon in brown. Tight in the chest for sure. I guess it is a faux motorcycle jacket (hits below the buckle, not intended to zip up, sleeves are too short for reaching handlebars, and there is not longer in the back to protect from a slide. I didn't intended to use it as a riding jacket but I thought I may commute to work on it on occasion.

The cool leather makes up for the poser specs though. I guess most people that wear bombers are not actually bombing anyone either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads