• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pangolin

Reaction score
With everyone buying these FCL jackets, I am curious to hear some more feedback about the warmth of the quilted lining they use. In my mind such a lining must mean that the jackets will be too warm during spring and summer?

As I think I've mentioned before, I once had a LL 391 jacket with quilted lining and it was super warm.

It's... comfortable? Granted I always wear my Leon open because Dieworkwear I like the look better, but I've been able to wear it as temperatures get close to 70, 75°F. Anything warmer than that, I switch to lighter outerwear anyway.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here, it is either going to be cool enough to wear, or it just isn't. We do 45-70 deg or 90+ deg with little in between.

w/r/t this particular jacket, Self Edge explained the lining as follows:

"One of the most anticipated releases of the year has landed. The new Eric model from Fine Creek is produced of a 2mm custom horsehide and lined with a cool feeling cupra liner, perfect for all-climate wear. Check the product page for a full rundown of the specs on this jacket.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are now available online, what's left of our online stock will be available at all of our stores once we're able to reopen"

Then, if you look at the Leon, it is a cotton liner, and if you look at the James, it is cupra but is not quilted.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here, it is either going to be cool enough to wear, or it just isn't. We do 45-70 deg or 90+ deg with little in between.

"One of the most anticipated releases of the year has landed. The new Eric model from Fine Creek is produced of a 2mm custom horsehide and lined with a cool feeling cupra liner, perfect for all-climate wear. Check the product page for a full rundown of the specs on this jacket.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
These are now available online, what's left of our online stock will be available at all of our stores once we're able to reopen"

Then, if you look at the Leon, it is a cotton liner, and if you look at the James, it is cupra but is not quilted.

where is here if you don’t mind me asking?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Sorry but I don't believe that item description from SE. I mean, a jacket with quilted lining is warmer than a jacket without, all other things being equal. It's not going to be cool wearing just because cupra is used.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm in SBR.

It's pretty classic, but I dig that, frankly.
My cousins lived on Stanford across from the lake and went to Lee High. Is it still called Lee High?

Pangolin

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't believe that item description from SE. I mean, a jacket with quilted lining is warmer than a jacket without, all other things being equal. It's not going to be cool wearing just because cupra is used.

I wouldn't call it cool wearing by any means, but it's also not as warm as the quilted lining would make it seem.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cousins lived on Stanford across from the lake and went to Lee High. Is it still called Lee High?

Changed from Robert E. Lee High to Lee Magnet. Minor victory?

mykii2704

Reaction score
@Newcomer, why did you sell the 9L ? It is my grail jacket... still holding out I can find a small lightly preowned or on sale after missing the S&S sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads