• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every now and then Ralph Lauren makes suede safari jackets or similar. Sometimes with a belt, sometimes without. So does Craftsman Clothing, who does MTM as well.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have a good recommendation for a suede chore coat (or similar, such as the valstarino)? Definitely looking for something a little longer than a normal bomber (or, say, the Clint). Preference for color would be chocolate or similar to the butterscotch valstarino. I prefer something with buttons over a zipper also, but that's secondary importance.

Drake's and RRL have done suede chore coats. If you contact one of the Drake's or Armoury stores, they may be able to track one down. It was available last season, but I don't know if they have any left.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drake's and RRL have done suede chore coats. If you contact one of the Drake's or Armoury stores, they may be able to track one down. It was available last season, but I don't know if they have any left.

This one is kind of awesome

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is what you're talking about, it's beautiful, but I agree the price is a bit much to swallow.

As someone who owns this one, I will say the price is inflated, but I really like mine.
1585848045358.png

Orvis has one as well, I just don't like the rivets on the front.
1585848122074.png

-DL

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to keep both the 3sixteen x Schott A2 and Double Rider in CXL horsehide. Couldn’t decide between both but i think they both ended up fitting pretty well with a good silhouette for my build. Conditioned both of the leathers and they’ve softened up even more. Unfortunately COVID has me staying at home so i have to just wear them on my couch and a recession underway so I am broke but ce la viE.

7F112E00-88C2-4506-9458-9E9F1DCA42E6.jpeg
9FBC9E7B-D09F-4BE5-9CB2-A77B398216B7.jpeg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think the sweats are too slim but I like the contrast. I too have been wearing my leather jacket all day.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the latest 3sixteen Schotts still around anywhere?

2nd hand or large sizes occasionally. 316 x Schott sells out quick but they do pop up.

I personally wasn't a fan of the CXL leather it felt a bit dry to the touch but I am not hating on I it at all its a great jacket and I'd consider it had I not had 4 riders.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this not the latest DR?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this not the latest DR?

Nope, that's a regular Schott.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads