• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Damn, both look great.

Anyone know how many SE items are only sold in store? Didn’t see the Eric online. Can you buy over email? I sent an inquiry about the Raymond to SE before looking anywhere else, but If I knew they had an Eric I probably would have just tried to buy that.

There is quite a bit of product which we release in-store only and if anything is left we put it online. Our 5 brick and mortar locations are very important to us, so while we try to order enough product so it makes it online, some things sell out too quickly in-store to make it online. Most times though we have enough to photograph and put online.

Thanks guys - ended up with the Leon, which I will wear with a popped collar whenever I’m around @LA Guy

@kiya what’s the dying process? When I got back home after handling the jacket I washed my hands and noticed some color transfer...or that could have been just dirt from the jobsite. At any rate, it seems they fade fast, which is kind of cool.

Most of Fine Creek's jackets are tea-core dyed, it's the denim equivalent of being rope dyed. Only the outer membrane of the leather is dyed, and it's done very carefully so the leather has a deep shade when new but ages quickly once worn.

Well I did walk away with another pair of jeans and that corduroy Stevenson shirt, which is probably the best western shirt ever made.

Congrats, you also just got one of the nicest snap buttoned shirts being made. The fabric and stitch quality on those Stevenson shirts is unbelievable.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Kiya. I messaged him on reddit years ago about some stupid **** and he actually took the time to reply to me. I was probably asking him about the crease patterns on his jeans or something. What a guy.

I dream of the day I have the honor of buying a leather jacket from his store. I would likely settle for a pair of jeans but you've got to dream big.

rokor

Reaction score
UC that's been around the block, fw01.
DSC09111.JPG
DSC09112.JPG

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Really dig the styling on this new Stoffa campaign. Features Sam Hine at GQ (also dig Sam Hine's personal style)

Made_to_Measure_-_An_Expression_-_P2_R7.jpg

Savas also just released a new MTO leather Western shirt jacket.

SAVAS_29_2048x2048.jpg

20200223_SAVAS19827_2_2048x2048.jpg

Links to both campaigns below:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I prefer the Leon for your purposes.

How's the lining on these FCLs? It's quilted, right? What kind of materials are used? Is the lining super warm? I think I prefer regular cotton or satin lining so the jacket doesn't get too warm.
The lining is quilted, except in the arms. TBH I prefer a thinner lining but it's not too hot, at least for San Francisco.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lining is quilted, except in the arms. TBH I prefer a thinner lining but it's not too hot, at least for San Francisco.

I see. Well that's somewhat of a dealbreaker for me I am afraid. I am pretty warm in general so a quilted leather would be less usable for me. Too bad, since I had the Leon on my interest list. And afaik, all FCL leathers are quilted in this way.

Btw, what do you think of the Stevenson Cody shirt? You got the one in charcoal corduroy right? I've been eyeing it myself for a while. How's the fabric? Warm and heavy?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. Well that's somewhat of a dealbreaker for me I am afraid. I am pretty warm in general so a quilted leather would be less usable for me. Too bad, since I had the Leon on my interest list. And afaik, all FCL leathers are quilted in this way.

Btw, what do you think of the Stevenson Cody shirt? You got the one in charcoal corduroy right? I've been eyeing it myself for a while. How's the fabric? Warm and heavy?
I wear pretty warm too, and I’d say the jacket is OK for San Francisco summers up to 80F. How hot are your summers?

The Stevenson Cody is a work of art. Because of the way the points curve, I’d describe it as an evil version of the western shirt, like something Nick Cave would wear. A hint of a sleaze vibe, which I like. It doesn’t wear cool, but it isn’t warm at all. Relatively thin for corduroy.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear pretty warm too, and I’d say the jacket is OK for San Francisco summers up to 80F. How hot are your summers?

The Stevenson Cody is a work of art. Because of the way the points curve, I’d describe it as an evil version of the western shirt, like something Nick Cave would wear. A hint of a sleaze vibe, which I like. It doesn’t wear cool, but it isn’t warm at all. Relatively thin for corduroy.

Our summers vary a lot, but I would say that they usually stay in the 80F region as well. I would however never wear a leather jacket of any kind jacket in those temps. I would literally be drenched in sweat.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our summers vary a lot, but I would say that they usually stay in the 80F region as well. I would however never wear a leather jacket of any kind jacket in those temps. I would literally be drenched in sweat.
Not to sound elitist, but I meant wearing it while riding a motorcycle. If I was just walking around, I probably wouldn’t wear it in 80F either.

Although sweaty leather dude is attractive in some circles. Just sayin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads