• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
acjk009-2.jpg
acjk009-3.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Vickt

Looks great on you...with the exception of the white tshirt being .13” (3.3mm) short on the right side of the body. It’s throwing the whole fit off for me. Also, the individual playing the part of “daughter” is a little last season/fw19 to be believable.

Other than that, great pics! Shinki HH rules.

Speaking of Shinki, received notice from Himel Bros. that they are offering Shinki suede.

DA8F5029-371E-474F-8E55-DAF3B03B3CA3.jpeg
885870D8-9A56-4333-B56A-A6A3834F67F3.jpeg

https://himelbros.com/collections/s...307143049&mc_cid=f73925acfc&mc_eid=f4d73b66ef

Vickt

Reaction score
Great jacket! But I think it looks a bit too big and a bit too small at the same time. I can't really say why though... Maybe it's the size of the body compared to the length of the sleeves?

Well, a few things:
  • This is the 1.3mm horsehide and it’s like cardboard right now.

• You’re right that it’s not super slim. Arm holes are slightly lower than my other leathers and the bottom opening is larger. I like the feel of it better and zipping it up doesn’t puff out the layers underneath. This jacket is super easy to throw on and it’s not even broken in yet.

• My wrists are really sexy and I gotta show them off. Brb taking some shirtless pics.
@Vickt are there snaps that hold down the collar on the FCL Edward you got?

Nope, though honestly there a snap that I’m not sure what it’s for.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, a few things:

• You’re right that it’s not super slim. Arm holes are slightly lower than my other leathers and the bottom opening is larger. I like the feel of it better and zipping it up doesn’t puff out the layers underneath. This jacket is super easy to throw on and it’s not even broken in yet.

• My wrists are really sexy and I gotta show them off. Brb taking some shirtless pics.

Gonna be hard to sleep until we figure out this mystery snap.

Lem87

Reaction score
Well, a few things:

Hey, any "trends of shirtless pics" in this thread can be blamed on ericleavitt. I was merely making a point about the difference between regular cuts and slim cuts using lighter weight examples and how my body type factors in to what I wear to help others. That was not to be taken as an initiation into a so called heavy hide jacket club by any means, because of earlier posts I may have made! LOL!

Anyways Enjoy the break in process, Vickt. You sound like you know what you are talking about. To the ones questioning it, heavy stiff leather does ride up a bit till it's broken in. That takes a bit of time to resolve its self. Lots of people will be shocked when they see the difference once it starts to mold to the body and shoulders if any after pics get posted. Some of you who are new at this may even begin to question decisions to go bigger softer and thinner out of envy. Heavy stiff leather breaks in to a state where it can take the abuse of regular daily wear much better than softer leathers. It maintains this state, after reaching it, with extra resistance to stretching out awkwardly and abrasion.
In my personal opinion, it is entirely worth is to have at least one of these.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What’s that about anyway? Saw it referenced before.

If anything that’s what will get me one day, seeing what the 2mm is about. Really like the Raymond...

oh brand story was some **** about how you should try on jackets, someone was told they can’t crease a leather jacket when Trying it on because it would mess up the brands story, I vaguely remember that bs...

Re 2mm, I really like the robert

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh brand story was some **** about how you should try on jackets, someone was told they can’t crease a leather jacket when Trying it on because it would mess up the brands story, I vaguely remember that bs...

I like most of the details, not sure how I feel about the paneling in the front

Lem87

Reaction score

That's actually something I would not mind getting in teacore.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads