• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually each Fine Creek Leather jacket is made by only 3 guys in a factory that's about 600 square feet in the center of Tokyo! One of those three guys is Yoshi, the designer and owner of the brand.

Yoshi’s IG is a must follow. Lots of well aged, broken in tea core jackets.

4301AD9A-2005-45B4-9F27-2F1077A4D9CD.jpeg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket on the left is dope. No epaulets right?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The jacket on the left is dope. No epaulets right?

Epaulets and belt have been cut off, it’s this jacket:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks dope. I would have to try it on in person someday but def looks cool. Ugh leather jackets

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I probably would need a 40 or 42 (later more likely). My bust is around 42-43in mostly because of my lats and back

Lem87

Reaction score
I probably would need a 40 or 42 (later more likely). My bust is around 42-43in mostly because of my lats and back
are japanese jackets always cut on the slim side? Beneseyed points out in this post exactly why I stick to regular cuts of everything I wear. They all look slim on me so a truely fitted jacket would always be too binding. Hell I even have go to regular cut trousers for a slim look.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah for shirts slim usually looks bad. Regular with darts is the play to make

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took the 42 in FCL Leon custom and I’d consider myself to be in the larger side of a standard medium at 175lbs. I can post measurements if someone needs them.

@kiya thank you for your help and sizing advice

Lem87

Reaction score
15823069385867966955260768517416.jpg
5"11 41 (chest/back) 170lbs. I am 4 weeks post testicular tumor orchiectomy (lefty's gone) and have only in the passed 3 days started working out again in moderation. So, I have atrophied quite a bit since my last full body measurement. What I have above is all the accuracy I have for now. My bodyweight doesn't change much but I am carrying more bodyfat here than usual to offset that fact. I usually carry more mass than this in my shoulders chest back and arms. This is me in a a regular fit 38 small. I have room but not much. It's a lighter weight jacket with a light weight lining. Notice the taper. That's not any kind of camera angle effect. This is a 2nd example of how in my opinion, a jacket should fit. It has room for me to expand and grow.
15823074597732726901191410550301.jpg

Next I have a slim fit 38. Same chest measurement. It's another light weight jacket in brown. Keep in mind, it looks good on me now but that will change when I'm back to off of doctor ordered restrictions on exercise. In other words, I cant really push myself yet with an incision going across the left half of my groin if I want the parts hanging off my groin to stay where they should. I had to stop wearing this because of how tight it was up until now. The reason I say this is that this jacket has an x cut. It does not agree with a lifter's physique because the shoulder, back, chest and torso mass I usually carry cause it to bulge out at the four ends of the x cut which are both sides of the hem causing the edges to stick out off my waist and the shoulders too, causing the chest to crease awkwardly and sleeves to be almost an inch too short. I'm usually a v cut but atrophy has caused me to look more blocks in the torso since I still have lower back abdominal and oblique muscle tone left over. There is not much room here for a v cut body to expand as it does across the lats chest and shoulders.
15823082568513111169863815933602.jpg

Last edited:

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Good luck with your prognosis, from another testicular cancer patient. (I also said goodbye to the left one.) Be careful with your incision. Do you have to stop lifting because of the strain it puts on the hernia?

P.S. Vitamin E oil helps with scar tissue elasticity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads