• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok here goes
9A23FB04-9877-4B78-AF0F-F078DBD586C8.jpeg

D16AAED7-4467-4674-AC75-9208041306A7.jpeg
289D9D44-C16A-4E50-A919-5E32EEE1BACF.jpeg

2E7F0411-F02C-4182-99AE-8990B3AE916D.jpeg

96B3E76B-6ACA-4A0B-8695-7176D21465BA.jpeg

The FCL Leon is bonkers but a bit too small, so they’re going to ship in a 42 from another store.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off to Self Edge in SF to try on some jackets today and post pics for feedback. A few things first, though...

I’m truly thankful to @kiya for his act of kindness. Within short order of my post, he just went and offered a leather jacket at the store’s cost, which speaks volumes about him as a person.

Second, I want to thank @LA Guy for fronting the cost of the jacket on his dime. Again, prompted only by his own well-wishes.

And then @dieworkwear who behind my back went and started a GoFundMe page to cover the cost of my broken window. He gathered a few StyFo dudes and each gave motivated by generosity.

None of these gestures were necessary or expected, and I am truly grateful to be a part of a community that, every now and again, reflects the best side of mob mentality.

You guys rule.
Ahem. We prefer "community mentality".

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the last one (whatever that is) and it’s not even close
I am in agreement here, the 42 will probably get it done, but unzipped the 40(I'm assuming) looks good. What side is the delraiser?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
is the last one the leon? meaning they're going to have you try the next size up?

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to Self Edge in SF to try on some jackets today and post pics for feedback. A few things first, though...

I’m truly thankful to @kiya for his act of kindness. Within short order of my post, he just went and offered a leather jacket at the store’s cost, which speaks volumes about him as a person.

Second, I want to thank @LA Guy for fronting the cost of the jacket on his dime. Again, prompted only by his own well-wishes.

And then @dieworkwear who behind my back went and started a GoFundMe page to cover the cost of my broken window. He gathered a few StyFo dudes and each gave motivated by generosity.

None of these gestures were necessary or expected, and I am truly grateful to be a part of a community that, every now and again, reflects the best side of mob mentality.

You guys rule.

Nice!

Uuuuuuuhhhhh... some of my CCP jackets got stolen from my uhhhh... nice sports car... actually, my sports cars was taken along with the jackets. I mean this is a very helpful community. @LA Guy and @dieworkwear are really nice people uhhhhhh... so is @kiya (but his store doesn't carry CCP) and so are the rest... so yeah...

Ok here goes
View attachment 1340846
View attachment 1340848 View attachment 1340849
View attachment 1340851
View attachment 1340852

The FCL Leon is bonkers but a bit too small, so they’re going to ship in a 42 from another store.

I like the 1st and last ones. Maybe if you had a tee instead of a flannel shirt, the others might look different.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@LA Guy @#dadcore @NYDRH @dieworkwear @nyarkies

Yup, the last one is a the FCL Leon in a size 40. It fits all right, but only when my arms are straight down.

Practically speaking I could just wear a tee underneath but I rarely do, since the weather changes so significantly from when I leave for work at 6am and when I come home at 2pm.

Yea, I like the last one, the Leon, the best. But agree that you should try the next size up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads