• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I really want a leather fencing jacket...

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell ya, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Here you go
$3000 for a used jacket? Almost as bad as this Napoleon ($12,000
facepalm.gif
) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's pricey, but I see Julius and Rick leathers going for 1500 used. Don't see anyone except maybe a baller SZer picking it up.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
$3000 for a used jacket? Almost as bad as this Napoleon ($12,000
facepalm.gif
)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

That's absolutely standard in the CCP used market. It reflects the original retail, the limited edition and the scarcity. why is that a facepalm?

Do you expect used Italian sportscars to go for the same price as hondas?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That is not a particularly babied jacket, I suppose the "custom order" is worth something, but 50% off for something that used is a joke.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
That is not a particularly babied jacket, I suppose the "custom order" is worth something, but 50% off for something that used is a joke.

man what? i don't think so. i pay 50% for used items and it's worth it if the item never went on sale (and CCP custom jackets sure as **** don't)

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Yeah it's pricey, but I see Julius and Rick leathers going for 1500 used. Don't see anyone except maybe a baller SZer picking it up.

I paid only $1000 (new) for my Julius leather. Was on sale at a small store in Japan for 50% off. Maybe I got lucky, but it seems quite easy to find expensive leathers on sale for huge markdowns.

Most stores appear to have trouble selling expensive leathers at full retail, regardless of the brand. For example my jacket was originally $3000 at Blackbird, but they had to mark it down to $1500 before they sold out of all their sizes. And I got my Mr. Olive double riders for 50% off too for around $600. So I guess the rule is your a fool for paying full retail for one of these things.

Still loving the Julius leather a year later....

jul_jacket.jpg

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I'd generally agree with your sentiment, it really depends on the item. If an older piece is strongly liked by many and not many were made, often even a beat up one will sell for a high price. For example, on the Japanese auction sites I've seen heavily worn DBSS deer skin sneakers that have the soles almost worn out selling for 80% of what the new retail was!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Julius looks great BB1. What color is it? Olive?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I paid only $1000 (new) for my Julius leather. Was on sale at a small store in Japan for 50% off. Maybe I got lucky, but it seems quite easy to find expensive leathers on sale for huge markdowns. Most stores appear to have trouble selling expensive leathers at full retail, regardless of the brand. For example my jacket was originally $3000 at Blackbird, but they had to mark it down to $1500 before they sold out of all their sizes. And I got my Mr. Olive double riders for 50% off too for around $600. So I guess the rule is your a fool for paying full retail for one of these things. Still loving the Julius leather a year later....
Yeah, there have been some really nice deals to be had on *** webstores lately. You got a great deal. The price of these leathers being sold the US definitely deter shoppers, especially when they never go on sale. It seems like now if you're willing to wait til near the end of the season, you're likely to find the item you want at a decent markdown on most *** webstores. Used to never see that. But of course there are highly sought after items that seem disappear overnight. I'm glad I picked up my leather moto when I did or I'd probably never see it again.

supandcu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I paid only $1000 (new) for my Julius leather. Was on sale at a small store in Japan for 50% off. Maybe I got lucky, but it seems quite easy to find expensive leathers on sale for huge markdowns.
I wanna go to Japan! Beautiful leather you've got. One of the best I've seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads