Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

want allsaints knockoff of that in mens version for $600, thanks
    I'm the guy who got the allsaints jacket and I just wanted to say if you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket from them, do not feel hesitant about it. The jacket is even more beautiful with a month of wear and I get constant compliments about it. I just hate having to tell people how much it was and where it's from because they want one for themselves lol. AS just got a new jacket in that I have a serious boner for but i've gone almost broke http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/new/...choc/mlj540-29 love the "cuffs" and the high waistline.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I'm the guy who got the allsaints jacket and I just wanted to say if you are thinking about purchasing a leather jacket from them, do not feel hesitant about it. The jacket is even more beautiful with a month of wear and I get constant compliments about it. I just hate having to tell people how much it was and where it's from because they want one for themselves lol. AS just got a new jacket in that I have a serious boner for but i've gone almost broke

Really? I tried on a couple over the summer and I didn't like the feel of the leather at all. I'm sure it's more of a piece-by-piece thing, but AllSaints is operating at ToJ pricing without making ToJ product.

3. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

Really? I tried on a couple over the summer and I didn't like the feel of the leather at all. I'm sure it's more of a piece-by-piece thing, but AllSaints is operating at ToJ pricing without making ToJ product.

Probably made for looks than to last long or be a high quality product. Mass appeal sells.

4. gboyle138

gboyle138 Active Member

I've purchased a couple AllSaints pieces and I think they make decent stuff. Not on par with S.W.O.R.D. or higher quality stuff obviously, but for $400-500 I feel they are fairly priced.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

ToJ makes minimal, classic pieces. All Saints makes dramatic pieces inspired by industrial and hardcore a la Julius or Rick Owens. Not the same thing at all

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Really like this wjk:

[​IMG]

Wow I like it a lot too. That color is pretty phenomenal

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I've purchased a couple AllSaints pieces and I think they make decent stuff. Not on par with S.W.O.R.D. or higher quality stuff obviously, but for $400-500 I feel they are fairly priced.

Does SWORD make quality jackets? I rarely see them mentioned here but some of their leathers look decent from pics but always been sketchy on quality.

8. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

What a cock

Some guy stepped on my margiela sneaks at this dirty hipster bar and I exploded at him

you go to a "dirty hipster bar" and then are surprised someone steps on your shoes? you probably looked crazy when you yelled at him.

a) why would you wear shoes you really care about to a dirty hipster bar
    b) unless your MMMs are white and suede, who cares
    c) MMM gat's are comfy sneakers, not something you wear on a red carpet. so again, who cares really
    d) its not a reasonable expectation to go to a bar and expect people to politely tip toe around.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I would have taken better care of those MMMs

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

shut the fuck up

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

Sq your such a douche Whats even the point of explaining anything, you just assume what you like anyway [​IMG]

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

shut the fuck up
    Cramps gotcha down?

13. Makeshift_Robot

ToJ makes minimal, classic pieces. All Saints makes dramatic pieces inspired by industrial and hardcore a la Julius or Rick Owens. Not the same thing at all

They're definitely from different schools of thought, but it's not like AllSaints is doing experimental structural shit, they're putting things on basic leather jackets and then distressing them to fit the feel better. If the patterning or the material quality is off, it doesn't matter how cool and hardcore your design is; for me at least, more esoteric pieces need to be better-made so that they don't look like costumes.

They're going for different things, but they're still fitted blouson-length leather outerwear pieces. Some measures of value still apply.

14. Makeshift_Robot

Normally you're just clueless but this is actually an incredibly douchey thing to say. Imagine you go visit your friend and he has lung cancer, and you say "Well, I wouldn't have smoked all those cigarettes." This is like that; we don't need you acting like you know what to do with Margiela sneakers.

Fuck man you don't even take care of your shit, you bought those shit shoes and then didn't buy polish for them because you didn't want to spend the three dollars and 10 minute walk to duane reade to triple the life of your shoes.

You don't own nice shit, you buy dumb "designer-ish" pieces instead of the real thing (like those ugly Puma mids -- which, by the way, I wouldn't have gotten paint on), you've managed to learn less about fashion than me despite living in NYC, and you top it off by being a dick.

tl;dr Cool the Kid needs to STFU for like three months.

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] sorry willy i know that's your job