1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

Thanks and really appreciate the help.

Undecided between Cow/Lamb as reckon Horse would be too thick, might go the Lamb route for something different.

2. navetsea

navetsea Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    my grey cow hide about 8 months old with frequent wearing, getting darker and scratches here and there, but it is hard to gain any UV color fading with my indoor life.

3. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

just wondering what conditioner should be used on vegetable tanned leather jackets?

Something to keep it glossy and soft

I have experimented with coconut oil and renovateur

coconut oil leaves a bit of a residue

Renovateur leaves the leather looking a bit dull

Maybe I am using too much? Or does the jacket need to be buffed like one would a pair of shoes?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Don't use it too much at all - needs less care than a pair of boots or shoes, which are worn much harder (close to the ground, rain, moisture from your foot). Condition it once it starts losing any natural oils, gets completely rain soaked, or starts to feel "ashy."

It does need to be buffed like shoes. I use the same horsehair brush I use on shoes. You can also buff it between cleanings. I usually brush my jackets once a month, condition maybe once every two years depending.

5. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

What do you use to condition ?

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Saphir delicate
    As you said it dulls it a bit, but it'll buff back if you want it shiny

7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

That's a lot of elbow grease to buff a whole jacket haha
    I feel exhausted after just doing a pair of shoes

Thanks! Will give it a go

I ask because I recently put a second hand jacket in my dryer for 45 minutes to get rid of cigarette smell

Turned to low temperature/airing

It actually really worked can't smell anything

And the jacket came out super soft and moist, like some of the oils had leaked out from the pummelling/kneading

Actually feels amazing right now but I'm worried that it may dry out over the next few days or weeks so I want to get ready to hit it with something if it does

8. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

9. JasonV

JasonV Senior member

Ordered and received my Addict jacket, will post pics up soon.

I went with simple AD-01 centre zip jacket in lamb, lighter weight for more all year around use and quality feels great. Thanks again nicelynice for all the info and Satoshi is great guy to deal with, shipped to Europe no worries.