1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have one of those early TOJ calf. I tried to break it in. Wore it dozens of times, could barely bend my elbows, and eventually gave up on it. [​IMG]

Developed folds and a little bit of easiness in the articulation areas but is still stiff as a mofo

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

3. Qristian

Qristian Member

Thats what I think too! Are your Schotts same size? Mine are both x-large. I can wear my 626vn only with t-shirt or thin collared shirt under which is ok, because it is primarly my summer jacket. If I want to layer for example denim shirt + henley I use 519.

4. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

My 626vn is a large and is pretty tight, but I sized down to a medium in the 519 after initially ordering a large. The chest measurement seemed unusually big and my shoulders didn't fit the jacket quite right.. very happy with it. Honestly the 519 is the only jacket I reach for now because it just works so well for me, it's one of those pieces of clothing where you just know it will be in your wardrobe for years

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yeap I gave up as well

6. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Keep in mind that I specifically asked for the older, thicker and glossier calf. Falcon's standard calf is thinner and more matte.

Once you nail your measurements it's hard to go back to RTW.

7. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

Jacket Hide is Lambskin but is hefty but not stiff at all even after taking out of storage. Leather is very supple. When I think lamb I always think smooth and lightweight. Not the case with this jacket which is good.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Sweet man, may I ask how much that runs?

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

10. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

Unfortunately they don't make this piece anymore. For reference the newer styles in same style leather with chrome hardware and without the articulated panels was on 40% sale In select outlets for 1300$. That should give you an idea.

Same jacket in silver hardware sold here for 700$. That was a steal http://www.styleforum.net/t/528515/100-genuine-burberry-brit-biker-jacket#post_8717732

11. tricky

tricky Senior member

This one I believe...

[​IMG]

12. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

That's the prorsum version. Same seller as the link sold one for 1500$ here. I've tried that on and it's cut way slimmer and the front is a bit cropped. I' prefer the Brit version to be honest

1 person likes this.
  13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]

looks like givenchy my man...

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so yours is the brit version not the porsum?

15. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

Yup Brit

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

does it fall above or below the belt buckle? thats a big deal breaker for me as is for @nicelynice

17. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

The prorsum does. The Brit is at level with buckle if not lower. Cropped jackets are a deal breaker too for me

18. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Dude is definitely in prorsum, that is one of the best leathers they made but it was super cropped

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I guess mr P mislabeled it

20. Spoon

Spoon Senior member

I've tried on that prorsum moto jacket takata san is sporting and the leather is indistinguishable from the older brits. The only difference are the prorsum hardware which is identical. The lining though is a different color purplish black. I had the option of buying that one but the front was too cropped for my liking. Me and my wife decided on the phantom blacked out hardware moto instead.